1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Portland Oregon Reptile Expo

Discussion in 'Reptile Related Events' started by Beasty_Artemis, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Beasty_Artemis

Beasty_Artemis Active Member

So I'm thinking about checking out the upcoming Portland Reptile Expo. Even when I actually lived there, I never remembered until the day after the thing was over. I'm thinking about seeing if i can buy an adult male red foot there.Im hoping to rescue an adult animal, but i don't know if an expo is the place to go. I'm really not interested in getting another hatchling.... My family live in Portland so I'll likely stop by.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Cowboy_Ken likes this.
  2. Cowboy_Ken

Cowboy_Ken Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I think it’s a great idea and an idea you should go out of your way to ensure that it happens. I’m not into the “jungle-type” tropical tortoises, so I’ve never paid much attention if they were for adoption or for sale, but I’ve certainly seen some there.
    I used to go every year, either this show or the one in 6 months, and I’ve always enjoyed myself, from just looking and “brain picking” others, meeting up with friends from this here forum and others, to actually meeting someone for a predetermined purchase on my part. So, you going? I’ll be going with my girlfriend, her daughter & grandson. He’s five, most of the vendors are patient regarding respectful youngins’ so he bare skin handles many reptiles there. And go figure? With me as a grandpa he STILL likes reptiles.
    Bambam1989 likes this.