Possible killed by the medicine ..?

nuzul arief

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
If the tortoise got a decent diet ad some occasional sunshine, then MBD is very unlikely.

The person probably thinks that because of the because of the soft plastron which is symptomatic of systemic failure brought on by kidney failure which is brought on by early dehydration.
noted that Tom and could agree more with you. I think my little guy got sufficient diet from hibiscus leaves & flower, grasses, weeds, rose leaves, occasionally lettuce, cactus, pumpkin and at least 3-4 times a week got morning sunrise.
most of them here have their own knowledge with torto which probably quite different with the knowledge shared in this forum. some of them even thought that the "pyramiding" shape are cool.

nuzul arief

Indonesia
noted that Tom and could agree more.
I think my little guy got sufficient diets from grasses, weeds, hibiscus leaves & flower, rose leaves, clovers, greens, occasionally pumpkin, carrot, cactus and 3-5 days a week get morning sunshine.
most of the seller (some also breeder) here have their own knowledge which is quite different with knowledge shared in this forum.

Chizbad

Wilmington, NC
Thanks Hutsie & Wellington..
Yvonne, yes the directions is 2x1 drop in nose for each day, also suggested to put small amounts on the soaking water.
my other question :
- is RI could be very serious that can kill baby tortoise?
- I wonder if he had a"hatchling failure", I kept him for 4 months now (purchased on august, and the seller estimated he is 2 month). last two months I noticed he is not gain any weight, fluctuated 2-4 grams only. some thread on this forum stated that one of the syndrome of the "hatchling failure" is not gaining any weight. so its lead me to another question if the syndrome can happen sometimes in their life..? for this example, when I got spot on august he seems normal and healthy, but after two months he started to loose appetite, weak, got an RI and so on..

Yes little ones can be extremely hard to bring back from a RI... typically they get the RI from the environment of the enclosure they were being kept in and without changing that enclosure you can’t expect too much to get better. Terribly sorry for your loss! I sadly had the same exact problem with two baby sulcatas before I came across this forum full of wonderful and very helpful knowledge. If I had to guess, you’re running an open top enclosure and were raising the little one indoors? Seems to cause RI in most cases

nuzul arief

Indonesia
Yes little ones can be extremely hard to bring back from a RI... typically they get the RI from the environment of the enclosure they were being kept in and without changing that enclosure you can’t expect too much to get better. Terribly sorry for your loss! I sadly had the same exact problem with two baby sulcatas before I came across this forum full of wonderful and very helpful knowledge. If I had to guess, you’re running an open top enclosure and were raising the little one indoors? Seems to cause RI in most cases
Hi Chizbad, so you did an open top enclosure when you lost your two baby sulcata? so after that you make the covered enclosure?

Bee62

Germany
Hello, I am not Chizbad but I want to say that in an open enclosure you can`t control the temps as well as needed. One night when the temps get too low could be the reason why a baby sulcata can be sick, getting a RI.
Because of this fact I prefer a close chamber when raising a tort baby.

Chizbad

Wilmington, NC
Hi Chizbad, so you did an open top enclosure when you lost your two baby sulcata? so after that you make the covered enclosure?

That is exactly right... all due to the wonderful information of this forum. My baby raised in the enclosed chamber is without a doubt happy/healthy/active/hungry and there is no questions about it. Went from 45 to 100 grams in the first month