Possum in my yard

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
possums are like little angels compare to raccoons.
a gang of raccoons had raided my house 2 years ago and killed more than 10 turtles and all my koi fish
i took care of them in the old fashion way.....never see raccoons again for 2 years

Agree. I worked at the wildlife rescue for a few years and Raccoon and Squirrels are evil from birth.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Agree. I worked at the wildlife rescue for a few years and Raccoon and Squirrels are evil from birth.
But, but, but....!!! They are soooooo cute!!!!! I have couple of squirrel families in my back yard, do you guys think they may bother my RF babies? Now, I have already decided that their outdoor pen will have to have the chicken wire type of cover on top but I wasn't after anything sophisticated bcs once the babies reach adult size they will have the whole garden to themselves and I can't possibly cover the whole thing

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
But, but, but....!!! They are soooooo cute!!!!! I have couple of squirrel families in my back yard, do you guys think they may bother my RF babies? Now, I have already decided that their outdoor pen will have to have the chicken wire type of cover on top but I wasn't after anything sophisticated bcs once the babies reach adult size they will have the whole garden to themselves and I can't possibly cover the whole thing

I would try using hardware cloth instead of chicken wire. Hardware cloth is 1/2 inch squares and chicken wire is weaker and has bigger holes. YES i would be afraid of squirrels with baby torts.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
possums are like little angels compare to raccoons.
a gang of raccoons had raided my house 2 years ago and killed more than 10 turtles and all my koi fish
i took care of them in the old fashion way.....never see raccoons again for 2 years
Yikes! How'd they get in your house?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I do plan on locking them up at night. Everything has latches and I'm putting down the pavers so I'm hoping that will be enough for night protection. I live about 40 miles east of the Shenandoah mountains so I am sure theres coyotes and such roaming in the creepy woods behind my house. Do you have a lid over the free range area or are hawks not an issue where you are?
I live in the middle of town, no Hawks right here. I don't have a cover over my yard. I will build run for them. And I do lock them in at night into a secure coop.