Post Your Burmese Star Photos

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N.W. Arkansas
I thought that getting a few Burmese Star Tortoises might calm my Platynota Fever. But, that doesn’t seem to be the case. Maybe if you guys post some pictures of your Burmese Star Tortoises that will help to ease it?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
And after giving me all that fun and enjoyment for their first 5 years, now they are giving me these as a reward for all my hard work and diligence:
IMG_5496.JPG

IMG_5500.JPG

All these little ones are for sale. Message me if you want some. Good luck choosing! I don't know how to pick favorites out of all of them...

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
You asked for it…

My adults when they were babies:
View attachment 239084

View attachment 239086

View attachment 239087

View attachment 239088

Almost adult size now, catching some rays:
View attachment 239089

This guy thinks the grass is greener on the other side…
View attachment 239092

This is how you know they've outgrown their soaking tubs… again…
View attachment 239094

View attachment 239095

View attachment 239096

View attachment 239097

Love it! Thanks for sharing them. I enjoy seeing them both as little guys and adults.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
And after giving me all that fun and enjoyment for their first 5 years, now they are giving me these as a reward for all my hard work and diligence:
View attachment 239100

View attachment 239102

All these little ones are for sale. Message me if you want some. Good luck choosing! I don't know how to pick favorites out of all of them...

It is great to see your efforts paying off! Now I think people will know a great option for obtaining these tortoises. Wish I could snag a few. But, my wallet is going to need a while to recharge after snagging my first three.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
Anybody have some more pictures? I would love to see them. Even if you have already posted photos here.

Ranman

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Got this burmese from someone who couldn't take care of it. Any ideal how old it might be based on size and weight?IMG_4643.jpg

Ranman

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I got it for 250. A older ladies husband was killed in a auto accident and she didn't know what to do with it. So i helped her out. She couldn't tell me much about it. I'd say i got a great deal under the unfortunate circumstances.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
From what I see, I would say this tortoise is in its third year of growth.

How long have you had it? It looks like the past 5-6 months it has been changed to a much better environment with better humidity. Its second year, it was not being kept well and was way too dry. But it certainly seems to be doing well now.

Burmese stars will normally hatch between Feb and June. Most of the ones I see that were raised the "old school" way - fed more moderately and not kept in a closed chamber - tend to reach 200 g in about 2 - 3 years. So based upon that, and the way the shell looks, I would guess yours hatched spring of 2015.

Ranman

5 Year Member
Louisiana
From what I see, I would say this tortoise is in its third year of growth.

How long have you had it? It looks like the past 5-6 months it has been changed to a much better environment with better humidity. Its second year, it was not being kept well and was way too dry. But it certainly seems to be doing well now.

Burmese stars will normally hatch between Feb and June. Most of the ones I see that were raised the "old school" way - fed more moderately and not kept in a closed chamber - tend to reach 200 g in about 2 - 3 years. So based upon that, and the way the shell looks, I would guess yours hatched spring of 2015.
I got it mid February of this year. For the first 4 months I kept it indoors in closed chamber. I'm here in Louisiana and the humidity is usually very high. I moved it outside now for the last month with the temps all being above 80 day and night and the humidity above 80%. We have been having lots of afternoon rains almost everyday. I would think similar but on a smaller scale to the monsoon season. Thanks for your help Mark

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
I got it for 250. A older ladies husband was killed in a auto accident and she didn't know what to do with it. So i helped her out. She couldn't tell me much about it. I'd say i got a great deal under the unfortunate circumstances.
lesson learned here :
Always tell your wife the true price of animal bought . A smack in the face is better than situations like this.

mobtech

5 Year Member
[URL=http://s318.photobucket.com/user/Jeepspeed3722/media/Tortoises/IMG_5236_zpsnvu631or.jpg.html] [/URL]
IMG_5236_zpsnvu631or.jpg

IMG_5236_zpsnvu631or.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
My Baby, Star Lord.