Post Your Burmese Star Photos

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N.W. Arkansas
Are Stars expensive to purchase because they are pretty? Is it harder to breed them? More rare?

Being very pretty does have an impact on popularity. But, really they are functionally extinct in the wild. They are starting to reintroduce them in the wild though. So, there is hope. However, they just had a coup in Myanmar where they are from. Also, I don’t think there ever were large amounts of these tortoises entering the country so everything is captive bred.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are Stars expensive to purchase because they are pretty? Is it harder to breed them? More rare?
They are relatively rare. Not hard to breed them if you do a few things the right way. They are very hardy, personable, adaptable, and they stay relatively small. They sell for around $800 each.

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It's been a while and thought I'd post some pictures of our 4yr old Male Burmese Star purchased from @Tom. He's doing great and thriving in his outdoor enclosure. Very active early AM and late PM. He's hiding in the dwarf bamboo bushes most of the day. It's hot in South FL in the Summer, I don't blame him.

6-1/2" in length and turned 4y/o in April 2022.

Rainbow_IMG_6359.jpgRainbow_IMG_6361.PNG

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It's been a while and thought I'd post some pictures of our 4yr old Male Burmese Star purchased from @Tom. He's doing great and thriving in his outdoor enclosure. Very active early AM and late PM. He's hiding in the dwarf bamboo bushes most of the day. It's hot in South FL in the Summer, I don't blame him.

View attachment 346824View attachment 346825
61E0642B-BB0F-4BB3-AA8F-406950094BBE.jpeg

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas

View attachment 346824View attachment 346825
Nice one!

Cowgirl

Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, California
And after giving me all that fun and enjoyment for their first 5 years, now they are giving me these as a reward for all my hard work and diligence:
View attachment 239100

View attachment 239102

All these little ones are for sale. Message me if you want some. Good luck choosing! I don't know how to pick favorites out of all of them...
Great photos. Thanks for sharing!