Posts and using discernment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
I may have left out some important details, but it was personal things. I was extremely kind to you throughout the last year(nearly). I was in no position to take the tortoise back, hence why I got
Rid of him as soon as possible. Also, who knows what kind of health he had been kept in?? I didn't have anything to go off of except that you couldn't pay me, so how are you properly caring for the tortoise? you should have sent the check out the same day you got the tortoise as promised. End of story. Also, I didn't come here without you knowing, I told you I was going to :)

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
You also left out you did get a partial payment, small, but at least an effort in light of the issues in my life.
And warning people? Seriously when I had not been on here for 8 months?
And the smiley face after saying " I told you I was going to" shows to me it was personal and in
retaliation not to warn people I have not even been on the forum in close to a year.
That's ok it is what it is, hope you feel you got your revenge. I know my heart, I know my intentions and
I know what my situation of expected things has been. Now the dirty laundry is out.
Left things out cause they were personal? How personal is it to mention you did receive a small payment
and to mention I apologized and offered you the tortoise back twice? As to taking care of my animals,
emergency vet bills in the last year also are part of the unexpected issues not to mention personal health issues.
So I guess you have your revenge..........hope it is as sweet as you hoped it would be.

And if you or anyone has any questions as to the proper care of my critters PM me and I'll gladly
send you my vets name and number. He also knows I took one of my big guys to him every other day for two weeks
when he came down with a URI. And out of 10 torts he was the only one ill. I'll be paying off a very high vet bill
in monthly payments for the next 10 months. I chose to rack up the bill verses put them down, how many people do you
think would do that? Whatever, anyone can see up until a couple days ago I had not been on here in over 8 months.
What you did was out of spite and revenge not out of concern for others.
In your original post you failed to mention 1) She offered me the tortoise back 2) She made a partial payment 3) She kept in touch she did not ignore my calls or emails or texts.
4) Her husband's emergency surgery 5) Look at my old posts the dog I had for 11 yrs who out of the blue started seizing, the vet bills,
6) The leaking roof costs 7) The plumbing emergency costs, 8) My unexpected medical issues,, no
you only tried to make yourself look like a major victim and me look like a person with dishonorable intentions.
Like I said hope your revenge was as sweet as you wanted.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
No revenge here Carol, just stating the truth. As I mentioned in our emailing back and forth, I am in no position to take back the tortoise.... I am about to have nothing in my house and move to another country. You sent me an extremely small payment, yes I left it out because it was so small. Honestly, you may as well kept it. You lied and lied every week(nearly) and said you have a check or money order to send me, even addressed to me. This is not personal, honestly I don't really care that much anymore, I'm mad that I allowed myself to get duped. yes warn people....you made it clear that you do business through this forum, maybe not in the last 8 months. It's more the fact of the matter(you promised over and over that you sent the check/money order and I should receive it any day... You don't know why I haven't received it yet), the smiley face was just a friendly thing I always do. I'm not spiteful or hateful, I just don't like
Dishonesty is all. Where are the pictures you promised of his new "setup"?? Asked for those more
Than once. You probably meant well, but you lying to me got me to this place.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
Sterling Thunder said:
From the vague and innocuous statements provided by you, the seller can legitimately say beware. Good intentions and unfortunate changes in circumstance mean little when an agreement is entered and only one party to the agreement satisfies the conditions both agreed to.

I believe you when you say you didn't intend to mess over the seller, but it certainly sounds like you did and wanting to just send the animal back or wishing it hadnt happened isn't a viable resolution. It is unfortunate you are in this situation but it is on you to make it right to satisfy the agreement you made. I highly suggest that you sell the animal and have the money sent directly to the original owner plus or minus any difference of what you owe. I have little doubt that someone on the forum would buy the tort that can better provide for it.

I hope there is a satisfactory resolution for all parties and I am sorry you both find yourselves in this situation.

This is well said, my words are not as eloquent but this pretty much sums it up :) I am not a victim, but go ahead as victimize yourself as you have done regularly.

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
Then I guess everyone is warned. You did what you felt you needed to do. Sorry things happened as they did. I can say I never had an issue like this. now people are warned to beware of me. If that makes you feel better in your heart then it is what it is.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
I didn't state anything that was false? You would most definitely do the same if you were lied to repeatedly(over
Months and months) Yes, it's unfortunate what happened to you, but I got tired of it and have no time for this, this is not enjoyable for me, at all. But I felt it was appropriate since you do business here. You could have made it right And you had plenty of time to do so. When you took him you made it seem like rainbows and butterflies, visits and pictures....
None have arrived in my email. And always too busy for me to
Come up to your house.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think both sides have now had their say. There's no good going to come from more he said, she said. I'm closing the thread.

I'm sorry that "life happened" and you were unable to send the rest of the money. These things are just part of living. Sterling Thunder made a very good suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.