Pre Holiday wieght lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Hi I came off my holiday this weekend and collected Shelby from a friend who looked afer her. I notice she had a runny poo in the box when i got home and figured she had been fed to much mixed lettuce, so i have put her on weeds only and i have not noticed and more nasty poo. but i wieghed her Saturday when i got home and have just checked her again and she as lost 8g! She is eating well and is really active so i do not think she is sick, but i am abit worried about this wieght lose :(

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I hope Shelby feels better soon. When I leave my torts with someone for a few days I put their food in zip lock bags and keep it in the fridge so all the tort-sitter has to do is dump it out of the bag for them.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Missy said:
I hope Shelby feels better soon. When I leave my torts with someone for a few days I put their food in zip lock bags and keep it in the fridge so all the tort-sitter has to do is dump it out of the bag for them.

Thats a great idea, i am training my Daughter up because she gets married in April so will proberly be the tortoise sitter next time. I just checked her weight ratio and she is a bit over weight at 0.24 so she can afford to lose abit, she is getting really good at begging for food by sitting in her bowl and staring me out till i get her some more weeds i will have to be good and stop giving her more, she is so small and i can not help it lol, but i know over feeding is not good for them. I just hope the weight lose stops as it will mean she as her first trip to the vets. I am keeping a close eye on her and and more loose poo and off we go!

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
as anyone got any tips on what to fed Shelby when she has a runny poop all i can find on net is not to give her greens but considering thet i fed her weeds and mixed lettuce that rules out everthink she eats, i stopped the mixed lettuce till i know she is ok again as i know that has a high water content. But will the Dandilion Bindweed leaf and flower, clover and Nipplewort be ok? I have order some seeds so i can increase the range of weeds she gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.