Pre-teen to join this site?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
One more thing, I'm just wondering if you (XxRockyxX) know of any other forum members that are this young? I'm just having this little thought go through my head right now: if it would be possible for the youngest members to forge a little sub-network within this forum... I know Toffi (my kid) would enjoy it. She may find the correspondence with adults a bit intimidating. I don't know, it's just an idea
A lot of our young members can articulate better than some of the senior members.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
A lot of our young members can articulate better than some of the senior members.
Haha! True! Some of us pay little attention to the esthetics of the language we use. I was just saying that some kids (mine being best example) maybe timid, kinda like a little young tortoise in new environment, wanting to hide in her shell until she feels safe and secure

XxRockyxX

Planet Earth
One more thing, I'm just wondering if you (XxRockyxX) know of any other forum members that are this young? I'm just having this little thought go through my head right now: if it would be possible for the youngest members to forge a little sub-network within this forum... I know Toffi (my kid) would enjoy it. She may find the correspondence with adults a bit intimidating. I don't know, it's just an idea[/That's actually a great idea! Also, no I apologize I do not know anyone or have seen on this forum any younger than 18!(unless they use a parents' account or something).Most I see are 25 and up. Although I have only had it for 5 days. I'll be sure to notify you if I find anyone though for sure! I really think the TFO staff can make your idea happen! :D Good Luck! I'm sure you will have lots of supporters in this one (including me).

XxRockyxX

Planet Earth
One more thing, I'm just wondering if you (XxRockyxX) know of any other forum members that are this young? I'm just having this little thought go through my head right now: if it would be possible for the youngest members to forge a little sub-network within this forum... I know Toffi (my kid) would enjoy it. She may find the correspondence with adults a bit intimidating. I don't know, it's just an idea

Pearly I came up with an idea! As a backup from the sub-forum plan you thought of, a thread can be made (maybe in the introductions section) for all members under 18 or so (whichever age limit you choose) to see how many can be found and hopefully go through with the idea. Also, many people (such as myself) have concerns about if there are certain age restrictions to the forum (which is how I came upon this thread) and I think that should be cleared out somehow. Well, just a thought I think should be discussed with Josh. Hope this helps!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Pearly I came up with an idea! As a backup from the sub-forum plan you thought of, a thread can be made (maybe in the introductions section) for all members under 18 or so (whichever age limit you choose) to see how many can be found and hopefully go through with the idea. Also, many people (such as myself) have concerns about if there are certain age restrictions to the forum (which is how I came upon this thread) and I think that should be cleared out somehow. Well, just a thought I think should be discussed with Josh. Hope this helps!
Hi there! You were up 4 hrs ago...? Must be either some in time zone different (much!) than mine, or you poor thing can't sleep The age restrictions question was my reason for starting this thread. I am new to this forum and hobby, spending all my free time on researching proper RF care. Didn't see anything addressing age in the rules, so turned to the expert users and I'm glad I did. It looks like there are no age restrictions, the forum welcomes all who want to come here, which is fantastic. You had a great idea on my daughter starting new thread to gather up few friends. Thank you! Her user name is Toffi. I'll let her do this all by herself. She's very smart and very special to me, at her young age, already my bestest of friends. I hope you join her thread when you spot it in intro section. Thanks again

XxRockyxX

Planet Earth
Hi there! You were up 4 hrs ago...? Must be either some in time zone different (much!) than mine, or you poor thing can't sleep The age restrictions question was my reason for starting this thread. I am new to this forum and hobby, spending all my free time on researching proper RF care. Didn't see anything addressing age in the rules, so turned to the expert users and I'm glad I did. It looks like there are no age restrictions, the forum welcomes all who want to come here, which is fantastic. You had a great idea on my daughter starting new thread to gather up few friends. Thank you! Her user name is Toffi. I'll let her do this all by herself. She's very smart and very special to me, at her young age, already my bestest of friends. I hope you join her thread when you spot it in intro section. Thanks again

Hi, yes I was not tired and had trouble sleeping. I just moved from pacific to central time. I was hesitant to join since last September since I was not sure of age restrictions. But now I see that the people here actually encourage anyone who may find this forum beneficial to join, and really, it is wonderful. I'm super glad that this is going through and I wish the best of luck to you, your daughter, and your torties! :D

Pearly

5 Year Member
Hi, yes I was not tired and had trouble sleeping. I just moved from pacific to central time. I was hesitant to join since last September since I was not sure of age restrictions. But now I see that the people here actually encourage anyone who may find this forum beneficial to join, and really, it is wonderful. I'm super glad that this is going through and I wish the best of luck to you, your daughter, and your torties! :D
Thank you, hope you are doing well. Check her out when you get a chance, her user name is Toffi.

XxRockyxX

Planet Earth
Thank you, hope you are doing well. Check her out when you get a chance, her user name is Toffi.

Hi Pearly it's been a while, I am doing fine here adjusting to the weather in Texas! Thank you for your concern. I hope the same to you and Toffi as well! I have commented on one of her posts a while back, not sure if you saw it or not but I'll be sure to check out more. ;) Best wishes!

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

I'm 14 and have had no problems! It's a lot of fun and very useful. Just avoid some pages, for example there are some very funny joke pages that are inappropriate for a 10 year-old. I doubt she'd even understand them, but even so keep an eye on her and she should be fine.

It would be a great idea to set up a thread for young owners. I'm sure it would prove popular.

Pearly

5 Year Member
I'm 14 and have had no problems! It's a lot of fun and very useful. Just avoid some pages, for example there are some very funny joke pages that are inappropriate for a 10 year-old. I doubt she'd even understand them, but even so keep an eye on her and she should be fine.

It would be a great idea to set up a thread for young owners. I'm sure it would prove popular.
Thank you for your comment. She's already on here. Her user name is Toffi. I think she has started such thread. Check out her posts. Have a great weekend