Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I'm making my tattoo co-payment today for my tattoo next Monday :) ... while I cant wait I also don't want to image this day next week I will have been without my grandpa for exactly 3 years and without my Grammy for exactly one. The tattoo will be a heart formed of 2 awareness ribbons in memory of them, the tattoo artist is coming in on his day off to do it special on the day of the aniversary

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
But see Kelly, without the cold, you wouldn't have the great excuse for snuggle cuddle time under the blankees. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'm making my tattoo co-payment today for my tattoo next Monday :) ... while I cant wait I also don't want to image this day next week I will have been without my grandpa for exactly 3 years and without my Grammy for exactly one. The tattoo will be a heart formed of 2 awareness ribbons in memory of them, the tattoo artist is coming in on his day off to do it special on the day of the aniversary

What a neat way to remember them. Sorry about their loss from your life in the being alive sense, but sounds like they are very alive in your heart and your memories.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
But see Kelly, without the cold, you wouldn't have the great excuse for snuggle cuddle time under the blankees. :)
But the tortoises hate it. There all cooked up in the buildings. The greenhouse is nice. But they like outside better. Well first sign of cold means booking flight to Central America I suppose. Sigh, wish I could move there. Too many regulations getting the tortoises abroad.

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
What a neat way to remember them. Sorry about their loss from your life in the being alive sense, but sounds like they are very alive in your heart and your memories.
I should probably tell my mum I made an appointment to do it, I've mentioned I want it done (I've wanted it for over a year now, so that's essentially my main must about getting a tattoo, especially since this one is for my wrist while my other is on my hip hidden) Hopefully my mu agrees and realizes this is my way of keeping them with me (they were her parents), funny thing is... ok maybe its not funny, but a huge coincidence, the day before my grandfather passed those 3 years ago was the day I got my first tattoo. The fact that that happened was actually the reason I didn't get this earlier, I was genuinely afraid if I got the tattoo my grammy would leave too, we had 2 months after the Drs sent her home saying it was late stage lung cancer and there was nothing we could do, and in that time I KNEW I wanted the tattoo, but didn't want it to be like my first one. In fact I didn't even tell my parents about the first one until 6 months after I did it since everyone was hit so hard by surprise.
I miss them, miss my grammy every day, her and I became closer after my grandpa passed and I would go over and she'd tell me all sorts of stories about him and his time in the war and just silly stories when his Alzheimer's was still "goofy" (he never got bad bad). She loved watching Franklin, I took him in a plastic bin to go over and visit often because he made her happy, she had an ipad and a facebook and was beating our entire family at Candy Crush. I still miss her every day, sometimes I even still get teary and curl up in a blanket she crocheted me when I was younger, that blankets been on my bed since we found out she wouldn't get better.
Sorry that became a novel, my family is kind of in disarray right now so I keep a lot in but have a lot inside <3

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
Is anyone know Amazon have deodorant with scent of BACON?? :rolleyes:

You know who I'm thinking for X'mas?? :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I got a coffee this morning, since I decided I needed it since i'd be down for having a midterm in class... well due to the having a mid term and sitting still in class and not getting a decaf like usual I can feel my heart racing and like screaming about the coffee and I feel like i'm going to have a coffee related accident before the day is over :eek: I was going to go to the gym but i'm thinking that's a bad idea with my heart rate already high.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll let you know. Apparently it was or is a reform school for teens suffering such “terrible" afflictions as being gay. Oh the horror! Please insert heavy sarcasm there.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415044692.065757.jpg
Up 2 grams.

But she peed this while I weighed her. Color is all wrong in the picture. It's actually a pink rust color?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415044760.913405.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415044777.280418.jpg
Black growth coming in.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Also, I'm about to move her out of the plastic chamber because the moss/plastic combo+heat smells quite toxic.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
And her terra cotta hide has grown earthy/soil smelling white mold of some sort twice. Maybe harmless but mold always freaks me out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's a joke here I'm sure of it ;
View attachment 102702

***Quietly, David Attenborough says, "Not being satisfied with some of the answers he's gotten to "Why did the chicken cross the road", Cowboy Ken sets out to follow the chicken and see where it goes, thus determining the answer first hand."***

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
And her terra cotta hide has grown earthy/soil smelling white mold of some sort twice. Maybe harmless but mold always freaks me out.
You're sure the white is mold and not those hard water marks that terra cotta always seems to get?

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Or for instance, “Debilitating Anxiety Disorder". What the…?
Look it up on Wikipedia
It didn't end up popping up in Wikipedia. But I got the basics, Technically at times my anxiety can get that bad, I get such bad social anxiety I will avoid situations that require it entirely... kinda bad when you kinda need to see a professor or boss for something. Essentially my fight or flight is always in flight... hmmm i'd also be "afflicted" by one of the other "terrible things" too... the extremists are why I fell out of the church, for those reasons.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
You're sure the white is mold and not those hard water marks that terra cotta always seems to get?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415045813.271626.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415045822.137155.jpg
It's not bad yet, but I just washed it with vinegar yesterday because it had so much mold. :0/