Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
But the tortoises hate it. There all cooked up in the buildings. The greenhouse is nice. But they like outside better. Well first sign of cold means booking flight to Central America I suppose. Sigh, wish I could move there. Too many regulations getting the tortoises abroad.

Well you can move there and I will move to your place and take care of the tortoises. ;)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415046251.820128.jpg
Apparently perfect conditions for it :0/

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I don't have a picture of him yet. But I had one just hatch out that has exactly the same extra scutes in the front like yours. Maybe you want him for yours :)
OMG don't tempt me with baby Leo's. :p

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415047389.189499.jpg
Her plastron closed up beautifully. Freckles plastron was/is all weird looking like it had issues closing up. Does that happen or is the scarring caused from something else?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
If hazard a guess that the cleaner healing is from moister early conditions where the egg sac scare is able to close nice and smooth without the drying that could slow it done or cause it to look funky. But that's just a guess. All the babies here are scarfing down fresh pull weeds do I don't want to disturb them, maybe later when they're all crashed out basking I'll check each plastron and see if any are weird looking or if indeed they are all nice and smooth.