Pretend Chat 2.14

Bogie=babyDINO

Location (City and/or State)
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Hello!!
So I have a curious question for everyone. Seems like a lot of you more active members post on this thread so I'll ask here.

Do some of you guys know each other in person? Has this forum made you good friends?

Just curious. Some of you guys know a lot about each other :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
@Bogie=babyDINO I've met a couple members in the flesh, spoken with others on the telephone and what have you. We developed (?) friendships where we actively joke and mess with each other. Personally I'd probably not know any of these Texas folks if not for the Forum. As for me being a better person do to the Forum? Probably yes. I've had reptiles most all my life and tortoises for way longer than I want to admit age wise, and it's nice to interact with others with the same motivation as in proper animal husbandry with tortoises. Does all this help? Also, welcome to the thread where the cool kids hang out.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I've met a few but most I only know through the forum. its nice to talk and joke with people who love tortoise as much as I do. welcome to the forum and pretend chat.

Bogie=babyDINO

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
@Bogie=babyDINO I've met a couple members in the flesh, spoken with others on the telephone and what have you. We developed (?) friendships where we actively joke and mess with each other. Personally I'd probably not know any of these Texas folks if not for the Forum. As for me being a better person do to the Forum? Probably yes. I've had reptiles most all my life and tortoises for way longer than I want to admit age wise, and it's nice to interact with others with the same motivation as in proper animal husbandry with tortoises. Does all this help? Also, welcome to the thread where the cool kids hang out.
That's really cool! I got on this forum just wanting some information and now I'm hooked. I can see everyday it not just about informing people about care but their is an online tortoise community here. It's just really interesting to me. And our tortoises are the source behind it! So great!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That's really cool! And our tortoises are the source behind it! So great!
I'm with you there 100%! I've a friend I've become very close with from the Forum. He lives in the Middle East, and yes, he's a devoted Muslim. I once pointed out to him that here the tortoises of all things brought a Cowboy from the USA and a Muslim from the Middle East together and as friends. Maybe world leaders need tortoises as home time companions.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry about your back. Yvonne. :(

Thanks, but it's no big deal. It always gets me to have to walk around outside to all the potted plants watering them. I must unconsciously be sort of leaning over or something. After I've sat for a while with a little pillow at the small of my back it's all better!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello!!
So I have a curious question for everyone. Seems like a lot of you more active members post on this thread so I'll ask here.

Do some of you guys know each other in person? Has this forum made you good friends?

Just curious. Some of you guys know a lot about each other :)

Hi Kelsey:

That's really what this thread is all about. I've met one or two of these weirdos in person, but mostly we just know each other here. I love this thread. It makes the people we talk and listen to much more real to me. Spend some time here and let us get to know you too.

Last edited:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That's really what this thread is all about. I've met one or two of these weirdos in person
@Bogie=babyDINO I'm guilty as charged here. Yvonne has met me this last summer. We had a small PNW meet up up here. A bunch of tortoise loving weirdos getting together. We had a blast of course.

Bogie=babyDINO

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Well I have found a new passion so you will be seeing me around. I'd love to get to know all of you! Tortoise lovers unite!! :D lol....okay maybe not but shouldn't we have a slogan of some sort?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hi Kelsey:

That's really what this thread is all about. I've met one or two of these weirdos in person, but mostly we just know each other here. I love this thread. It makes the people we talk and listen to much more real to me. Spend some time here and let us get to know you too.
weirdo? I don't know whether or not I should be insulted?