Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think it's very pretty. I have a fondness for skylines, especially at night. that one is spectacular.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dallas has us beat for best skyline.

I visited my son in Forney and we drove through Dallas while I was there. It was very impressive. Some of the building are very different. I wonder if the architects won any awards. Great designs.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I'm not a fan of the city per say but I don't think any town can beat the New York city skyline

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This was an interesting one. You hardly ever see Lady Liberty's back:

2_bigstock_New_York_Harbor_746672.jpg

But those are just plain old vertical box buildings. Where are the fancy shapes?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When I did a Google image search for these skylines I got pages and pages for each search. When I searched for Fresno, CA it came back with exactly two skyline pictures. All the rest were other pictures - people eating in restaurants, etc. here's Fresno's not so interesting skyline (the clouds are gorgeous!:

downtown-fresno-skyline..jpg

Yup. Believe it or not, those are our only tall buildings.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
This was an interesting one. You hardly ever see Lady Liberty's back:

2_bigstock_New_York_Harbor_746672.jpg

But those are just plain old vertical box buildings. Where are the fancy shapes?
Hmmmm i am oddly turned on. :)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Morning TFO . It's back to work after a nice weekend of riding motor cycles around Houston .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As are the snow covered mountains above the clouds.

Actually, that picture is very deceiving. Those mountains are pretty far away. I don't know how they brought them up close for the picture, but that's not how it looks in real life.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
No she didn't forget the honey do's at all . I just didn't do them . ha-ha Running out of good riding weather . Our winters are cold and rainy here in Houston . That picture was taken in the ferry line. Took about 30 minutes to get on the boat . We where picking on the cops that were checking everyone . They said you have been randomly picked for a search . I let them know we don't have to let them search . I can't believe how many people don't know their constitutional rights. I don't like giving cops a hard time but they try to do stuff wrong all the time with no punishment . Sorry I'm ranting .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Actually, that picture is very deceiving. Those mountains are pretty far away. I don't know how they brought them up close for the picture, but that's not how it looks in real life.

That's the horrible part about photoshop - you can't trust anything you see.

I saw a similar picture of Seattle with Rainier in the background.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No she didn't forget the honey do's at all . I just didn't do them . ha-ha Running out of good riding weather . Our winters are cold and rainy here in Houston . That picture was taken in the ferry line. Took about 30 minutes to get on the boat . We where picking on the cops that were checking everyone . They said you have been randomly picked for a search . I let them know we don't have to let them search . I can't believe how many people don't know their constitutional rights. I don't like giving cops a hard time but they try to do stuff wrong all the time with no punishment . Sorry I'm ranting .

What a bad boy! But then, I guess you have all winter for the honey do's.

What did they cops do when you refused the search?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello everyone:)

I don't care what those across the pond say, I'm still going to wish you a Good Morning! It is morning here. Those other folks can just change it to a greeting for any time of the day. I won't learn metric and I won't learn celsius. I'm old and set in my ways and don't want to change! So there!! P-f-t-t-t!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I don't care what those across the pond say, I'm still going to wish you a Good Morning! It is morning here. Those other folks can just change it to a greeting for any time of the day. I won't learn metric and I won't learn celsius. I'm old and set in my ways and don't want to change! So there!! P-f-t-t-t!
I'm good with that :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What a bad boy! But then, I guess you have all winter for the honey do's.

What did they cops do when you refused the search?
Not a thing. They knew they where in the wrong . They just ask you all kinds of questions . I always tell them I don't talk to police . Then they ask if you're hiding something . Then they want your Id. Then I say if I'm breaking the law or charged with something I'll give them my Id. I have a problem with cops that violate my rights . That's why our forefathers gave their life's for is our freedoms . For the most part the cops knew they couldn't get away with what they where doing to everyone . One of them said he understands where I was coming from .