Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I tagged you in the video Maggie on Facebook . You'll like it .

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
Tuesday night and the windows are open for the breeze. Scented with citrus blossoms, this is my favorite time of the year.
Having said that, citrus is blooming early, and the lemon tree is dropping probably a good 10# of fruit a day, so I'm off to making lemonade for tomorrow (tonight I'll have some hot, it's yummy!)

LEMONADE:

2c fresh squeezed lemon juice
6c water
11/2 c sugar
ginger peeled and cut into quarter size pieces. I use a good thumb sized knob but then I like ginger.

Put all into stainless pot on the stove and bring to a close boil. This will allow the sugar to dissolve and get the ginger infused.
Cover and allow to cool. Remove ginger before you refrigerate.
Good cold or hot, extremely good with a small dose of vodka (for those who imbibe).

Enjoy.. :<3:
(golly I've missed you all!)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Ginger lemonade with vodka, I'm on my way over.
I wish citrus would grow in Oregon. I love it so much. You all should be filling flat rate boxes and sending them to me. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Garbage day! I've got my receptacles out at the kerb (I live in the country and there are no curbs in my neighborhood, hence the strange spelling). Misty has been watered, the indoor habitats have been tended to, and I've read all the "new posts" on the Forum. It's supposed to rain off and on today.

I asked my son what kind of snacks he likes so there would be something for him to snack on while he's here, and bought it for him last week. Well, they sat in the cupboard calling my name and I finally broke down and opened the bag of Cheddar Cheese Ruffles last night. So today I have to go to the store and replace that. Then I'll wash my hair later in the day. Other than that, I have no plans for today. What are you all doing today on hump day?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Garbage day! I've got my receptacles out at the kerb (I live in the country and there are no curbs in my neighborhood, hence the strange spelling). Misty has been watered, the indoor habitats have been tended to, and I've read all the "new posts" on the Forum. It's supposed to rain off and on today.

I asked my son what kind of snacks he likes so there would be something for him to snack on while he's here, and bought it for him last week. Well, they sat in the cupboard calling my name and I finally broke down and opened the bag of Cheddar Cheese Ruffles last night. So today I have to go to the store and replace that. Then I'll wash my hair later in the day. Other than that, I have no plans for today. What are you all doing today on hump day?

We don't have curbs either. Actually a lot of neighborhoods around here don't have sidewalks. We have a ton of horse trails though.

Snacks in my house are very dangerous! Once you open it, that's it, it's gonna be gone;)
That's why I try to keep them at the store.

Today I'm headed to the chiropractor for x-rays and a treatment. My back is so messed up! My husband went Monday loved the Dr so I'm gonna give her a try.

It is just gorgeous here today! We are expecting some rain Sat-Tues.
looking forward to it.

M

Maggie Cummings

I tagged you in the video Maggie on Facebook . You'll like it .

Just last week I was telling my mechanic I wanted to drift. He says I got the car for it, and the talent for it, but not the money for the stack of tires I'd need. I loved that video, thanks Mike.

Guess what???We got rain again!!! Surprise.....I believe I have mold on me.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We don't have curbs either. Actually a lot of neighborhoods around here don't have sidewalks. We have a ton of horse trails though.

Snacks in my house are very dangerous! Once you open it, that's it, it's gonna be gone;)
That's why I try to keep them at the store.

Today I'm headed to the chiropractor for x-rays and a treatment. My back is so messed up! My husband went Monday loved the Dr so I'm gonna give her a try.

It is just gorgeous here today! We are expecting some rain Sat-Tues.
looking forward to it.

Well, hopefully your back problem is one that the chiropractor can address. Fingers crossed for you.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
We are all huddled inside because of the rain today too. I am going insane. I didn't built a great indoor enclosure for Vern because we planned on moving in November. Then it was 'by Christmas' - The next estimate? End of January. Now we are looking at mid April and he's going to be back outside by the time we move.

In the mean time I have surrendered my only bathroom to him. We keep it hot and humid and he has his water, hides and food but I am SICK of sharing! I'm just glad we don't pay for electricity because when I can manage to actually get my office presentable I heat it like a sauna and let him roam. (Shhhh....put down your pitchforks, I am not advocating for the practice)

Now Ruby has outgrown her 40g baby tank and I can't wait to get out of here so they can have a big outdoor enclosure with heated boxes and only spend a few months of the year inside.

M

Maggie Cummings

I hope I can explain this quickly....You know one "exotic Vet" in Beaverton didn't know what he was doing, and the anesthetist left in the middle of the operation cuz it was 1 am and she was tired. The "Vet" says, oh hell, I don't know how to use that machine. Glad I went to Vet Tech school. Anyhow, he did many things wrong, then when Bob was not coming out of the anesthesia they put him in my car, with me 100 miles from home, at 2 am and said something like good luck.- I gave him mouth to mouth, had made them give me a bag and just bagged like hell. It was a freaking nightmare.
So I took him to the emergency Vet in Corvallis who said he was an "exotic Vet". I get him to run some oxygen thru Bob, he needed IV fluids, but the jerk couldn't hit his jugular, so I (me) hadda do it. Anyway many mistakes like that. Now today in the mail I get a very suspicious envelope. No return address, no signature. Just a 2 page letter from the killer Vet to the stupid one, and they lay it all out, the two trying to cover up what they did, plus charge me $500 for things not done, of which I have not ever gotten a bill, and a note with the letter said, I think you should have these, I liked Bob.

Huh, you should see what those jerks actually put on paper.
So I have a consultation with an animal lawyer in Salem on March 16th. I don't want any money, I just want the "exotic' part of their licenses taken away and close the businesses for 4 months. I've borrowed the money for the consultation, and if he takes my case, I will sell my car. I would do that for Bob. To just have his back. He was killed, he didn't die.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
My goodness Maggie, I am so sorry this is dragging on. I have had bad vet experiences myself, but nothing so traumatic.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
THIS FROM MAGGIE.. (sorry, I shortened the quote for space and lost who it was from...)

So I have a consultation with an animal lawyer in Salem on March 16th. I don't want any money, I just want the "exotic' part of their licenses taken away and close the businesses for 4 months. I've borrowed the money for the consultation, and if he takes my case, I will sell my car. I would do that for Bob. To just have his back. He was killed, he didn't die.[/QUOTE]

You should put up a "go fund me" page... I know there are probably a lot of BOB fans out there (including me) who would be happy to donate to a just cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

@LaDukePhoto, self and me all winter cuz he had a shed big enough to let him pace off that pent up energy....We have 7 months of rain here a year. That means that most Sulcata, (or Redfoots) are stuck inside for 7 months. Muscles atrophy, they get bored. Build a big tort shed. Bob had 20 sq feet to pace in and play in. He wasn't stuck in a small heated box cuz he couldn't go outside. Bob entertained himself and me. Build something that they can walk around in and play in...Just my advice, having put up with this rain for a number of years. If this was Calif and he was gonna be in a heated box once in a while, that's one thing. But 7 months of rain, snow sleet. They need more room....My advice for the dayDSCN0369.JPG

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
And we've missed you too. Where the heck have you been?

working hard and hardly working. I had to go to part time because my "new" knee is acting up big time. I fell on it (pinned my ankle up under my thigh) 3 days after I returned to work and it's steadily getting worse. 2 nights a week work for me, and I can schedule them so that once a month I have a 10 day stretch off. The hospital has turned into a trauma center for the SW valley, they added a 5 story tower and where once there wasn't enough work for 2 people (well, yeah, 20 years ago..) we're now running with 13 therapists at night and still short. I'm on my 10 day off stretch and trying to catch up on sleep, housework, and getting in the studio and playing with clay... time for that is running short.

M

Maggie Cummings

Do you have a good knee brace to wear? Knee crap is miserable, cuz we needs the balance so bad. I walk with a cane because I screwed up my knee. But I'm retired now, so ya got my sympathy.

BTW, IV fluids don't go in the jugular, they pop under the skin. Glad I'm no dummy like that f...... Vet

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Do you have a good knee brace to wear? Knee crap is miserable, cuz we needs the balance so bad. I walk with a cane because I screwed up my knee. But I'm retired now, so ya got my sympathy.

BTW, IV fluids don't go in the jugular, they pop under the skin. Glad I'm no dummy like that f...... Vet

I was just fitted with a new brace. It works well enough but I don't want to wear it 24/7. I don't think that does any good for muscle strength. I am waiting for a call from the MRI people so I can get in and have it scanned. When I fell, there was a fracture under the lower plate and on xray that is the place that looks.... heading in the wrong direction. Not healing. I do use a cane when I must, but don't at work. I'm less than a week from my 20 year anniversary at work and can retire in a little over 2 years. I just want to hang on long enough.......

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
@LaDukePhoto, self and me all winter cuz he had a shed big enough to let him pace off that pent up energy....We have 7 months of rain here a year. That means that most Sulcata, (or Redfoots) are stuck inside for 7 months. Muscles atrophy, they get bored. Build a big tort shed. Bob had 20 sq feet to pace in and play in. He wasn't stuck in a small heated box cuz he couldn't go outside. Bob entertained himself and me. Build something that they can walk around in and play in...Just my advice, having put up with this rain for a number of years. If this was Calif and he was gonna be in a heated box once in a while, that's one thing. But 7 months of rain, snow sleet. They need more room....My advice for the day

We've got big plans for having a shed with a window that will have space for me to sit down with my tablet or laptop so I can work with them. I have followed Vern around the property before I know how much space he can cover so I plan on him having plenty. Even my 16oz redfoot will walk 100 yards in the blink of an eye. His unsupervised outside space right now is 4x8ft and I feel bad about that. I think I paced off 20x40ft in the new yard as the 'enclosure' and the shed would be outside of that.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I hope I can explain this quickly....You know one "exotic Vet" in Beaverton didn't know what he was doing, and the anesthetist left in the middle of the operation cuz it was 1 am and she was tired. The "Vet" says, oh hell, I don't know how to use that machine. Glad I went to Vet Tech school. Anyhow, he did many things wrong, then when Bob was not coming out of the anesthesia they put him in my car, with me 100 miles from home, at 2 am and said something like good luck.- I gave him mouth to mouth, had made them give me a bag and just bagged like hell. It was a freaking nightmare.
So I took him to the emergency Vet in Corvallis who said he was an "exotic Vet". I get him to run some oxygen thru Bob, he needed IV fluids, but the jerk couldn't hit his jugular, so I (me) hadda do it. Anyway many mistakes like that. Now today in the mail I get a very suspicious envelope. No return address, no signature. Just a 2 page letter from the killer Vet to the stupid one, and they lay it all out, the two trying to cover up what they did, plus charge me $500 for things not done, of which I have not ever gotten a bill, and a note with the letter said, I think you should have these, I liked Bob.

Huh, you should see what those jerks actually put on paper.
So I have a consultation with an animal lawyer in Salem on March 16th. I don't want any money, I just want the "exotic' part of their licenses taken away and close the businesses for 4 months. I've borrowed the money for the consultation, and if he takes my case, I will sell my car. I would do that for Bob. To just have his back. He was killed, he didn't die.

Good luck Maggie! I think your lawyer is going to be shocked you don't want any compensation.
Wow, that's pretty cool that someone in that office is risking their job. We all know Bob was special and they knew it too!