Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Well, hopefully your back problem is one that the chiropractor can address. Fingers crossed for you.

Just got back from a 2 hour assessment for my back. This chiropractor is awesome!
I need to go back for X-rays and start treatment tomorrow or Friday.
I got to lay on a neat ice bed with a roller and electrodes. I almost fell asleep .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Good evening my fellow turtle friends . Finally home from work . Did my tortoise work for today now it's time for Mike . What are you guys up to ?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Gathering useless earthly possessions to deliver to strangers from Craigslist. There's a website called "Unf*ck Your Habitat" I am working on sorting things a bit better. My inventory is going nuts.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Took the wife on a date to pick strawberries last weekend . Guess who is eating them! The red footed tortoises . ha-ha It was fun you guys should try it . Plus they had all kinds of Tortoise food .

I am too lazy. Like mine prepicked. Think I got my fill of picking as a kid. My redfoots loved last weekend's strawberry sale.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tuesday night and the windows are open for the breeze. Scented with citrus blossoms, this is my favorite time of the year.
Having said that, citrus is blooming early, and the lemon tree is dropping probably a good 10# of fruit a day, so I'm off to making lemonade for tomorrow (tonight I'll have some hot, it's yummy!)

LEMONADE:

2c fresh squeezed lemon juice
6c water
11/2 c sugar
ginger peeled and cut into quarter size pieces. I use a good thumb sized knob but then I like ginger.

Put all into stainless pot on the stove and bring to a close boil. This will allow the sugar to dissolve and get the ginger infused.
Cover and allow to cool. Remove ginger before you refrigerate.
Good cold or hot, extremely good with a small dose of vodka (for those who imbibe).

Enjoy.. :<3:
(golly I've missed you all!)

So jealous! In my bucket list is having a lemon right off a tree.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Garbage day! I've got my receptacles out at the kerb (I live in the country and there are no curbs in my neighborhood, hence the strange spelling). Misty has been watered, the indoor habitats have been tended to, and I've read all the "new posts" on the Forum. It's supposed to rain off and on today.

I asked my son what kind of snacks he likes so there would be something for him to snack on while he's here, and bought it for him last week. Well, they sat in the cupboard calling my name and I finally broke down and opened the bag of Cheddar Cheese Ruffles last night. So today I have to go to the store and replace that. Then I'll wash my hair later in the day. Other than that, I have no plans for today. What are you all doing today on hump day?

Doing yardwork. Tonight is my overnight shift.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I love lemons, but I have NEVER been able to enjoy lemon baked goods. I'll eat a lemon like an orange with a little sugar sprinkled on it though.

M

Maggie Cummings

I was just fitted with a new brace. It works well enough but I don't want to wear it 24/7. I don't think that does any good for muscle strength. I am waiting for a call from the MRI people so I can get in and have it scanned. When I fell, there was a fracture under the lower plate and on xray that is the place that looks.... heading in the wrong direction. Not healing. I do use a cane when I must, but don't at work. I'm less than a week from my 20 year anniversary at work and can retire in a little over 2 years. I just want to hang on long enough.......

I pretty much felt the same way about my knee brace. But what I found out is, the brace gives the injury support and that gives it time to heal. I wore the brace and walked with a cane for almost a year. Now knee is fine and cane rides mostly in the dummy seat....

M

Maggie Cummings

We have a gathering on Saturday evening... I'm planning on making Lemon Bars.
OMG! I'm coming...my favorite, lemon bars. I could be in Phoenix in a few hours....ROAD TRIP! I love'em. Hmmm, wonder if there's money for gas, let's go see......

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just got back from a 2 hour assessment for my back. This chiropractor is awesome!
I need to go back for X-rays and start treatment tomorrow or Friday.
I got to lay on a neat ice bed with a roller and electrodes. I almost fell asleep .

Hope they find a quick fix

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Gathering useless earthly possessions to deliver to strangers from Craigslist. There's a website called "Unf*ck Your Habitat" I am working on sorting things a bit better. My inventory is going nuts.

Lol when I do that, about a week later I need/want what I got rid of.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I love lemons, but I have NEVER been able to enjoy lemon baked goods. I'll eat a lemon like an orange with a little sugar sprinkled on it though.

I can't say I love lemons but I do love lemon bars!

Do you like grape fruit too?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I can't say I love lemons but I do love lemon bars!

Do you like grape fruit too?

I LOVE grapefruit and lemons and oranges and limes...I usually add lemon juice to my soda when I relent and let myself have sugar water. Also putting a layer of brown sugar on top of a halved grapefruit and then broiling it for a few minutes is heavenly.

I'm also that kid who traded all of her chocolate for sour patch kids and warhead candies.

It really is a shame that oranges are $1.25-$1.99 a pound here, that's like the weight of one orange. When the boxes of mandarins go on sale I eat them until I am sick.