Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Well, my son has been and gone. It was nice to see him. He moved to Texas about 10 years ago and I haven't seen him in person in about 7 or 8 years. I asked him, "Because you don't have an attic, I'm wondering where you keep your Dorian Grey portrait?" He hasn't aged a minute. His mustache is grey, while the hair on his head is still dark, with the occasional grey hair. He still has his nice, slim build and no pot belly. Still has smooth skin with no wrinkles. He must be living the good life. He cleaned the leaves off my garage roof!! Yippee!!

I so glad he come for visit and clean out those leaves for you. Did your Grandson also came? And....
I guess you are not going to TX with us when we go visit Kelly in next couple months or so??! !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I so glad he come for visit and clean out those leaves for you. Did your Grandson also came? And....
I guess you are not going to TX with us when we go visit Kelly in next couple months or so??! !

Yvonne would be crazy to pass that up!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Evening everybody !

Hi:)

So why is it that every fricken time I go to my local nursery I get overwhelmed and confused!!

I was there for 1.5hrs looking up everything I thought was safe.
I went over to the Ca native area and I thought well, all of these or at least most would be safe to plant in a DT pen. But noooo, it couldn't be that easy. I really do need a personal shopper or a list with just a few plants or bushes on it.

I came home with lavatera, pansies,
A bunch of seed packets, Ca poppy plant, organic squash and a container of white clover.
I'm not sure where the pansies will go yet.

I really want two or three bushes for CDT. He's tiny now but I want to plant everything for the future.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457840529.770188.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have the same problem . That's why I just plant the deer plotting seeds from Tractor Supply every year .

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

So why is it that every fricken time I go to my local nursery I get overwhelmed and confused!!

I was there for 1.5hrs looking up everything I thought was safe.
I went over to the Ca native area and I thought well, all of these or at least most would be safe to plant in a DT pen. But noooo, it couldn't be that easy. I really do need a personal shopper or a list with just a few plants or bushes on it.

I came home with lavatera, pansies,
A bunch of seed packets, Ca poppy plant, organic squash and a container of white clover.
I'm not sure where the pansies will go yet.

I really want two or three bushes for CDT. He's tiny now but I want to plant everything for the future.

View attachment 167464

How do Rose of Sharon or also called a hibiscus or Althea bush do in your area? How about a nice cactus? Grape vine? Day lily?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
How do Rose of Sharon or also called a hibiscus or Althea bush do in your area? How about a nice cactus? Grape vine? Day lily?

I already have those. I'm lucky there! Just wanted variety.

Maybe I'm over thinking it.
Next time I'm going with a small list and asking for help. It was really busy today so everyone was busy.

It was so beautiful with everything blooming. I really did enjoy walking around.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I have the same problem . That's why I just plant the deer plotting seeds from Tractor Supply every year .

I don't think we have a deer mix but we have pasture mixes at my Tractor Supply. I think I need to look there again.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
@mike taylor
I think my dinner invite was lost in mail?!?!
Did you save me any?
The crawfish is gone . Ha-ha We cooked 200 pounds of it . At a cost of a little over 400.00 bucks . We all pitched in . You see on facebooks some of my family's comments ? That's why I hang with my wife's family . They all want to eat ,but they don't want to help pay for it .

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Well, my son has been and gone. It was nice to see him. He must be living the good life. He cleaned the leaves off my garage roof!! Yippee!!
I'm very happy for you that he was able to do this "chore" for you with no afternoon lay up. If he's ever got the hankering to visit this neck of the woods, if got a good list of "chores" he could get at.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

I'm not sure where the Ca poppy plant, or the pansies will go yet.
At least these two you've got no worries, they'll self seed themselves all over and then some. At least they do here.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I bagged the bed idea. My girlfriend works graveyard shift and she has two more nights to go. I'm legally still unable to drive yet, so a buddy of mine has offered to give me a lift into town where she lives. I'll be on her schedule (sorta) and this will just make things easier for me to fall over on her couch into a wonderful slumber and she can get the sleep she needs without me pestering her all day. See? A brilliant plan. And it's not all about me.

And HAPPY SPRING AHEAD DAY ALL!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I can't sleep I've tried . So I wonder the night all alone .