Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I can't sleep I've tried . So I wonder the night all alone .
You need to get you and yours a Tokay Gecko. These guys tend to be active nocturnally and their fun as well. Personally, I believe Tokays are from another planet. From their ability to walk on panes of glass, to their "camouflage" which is a far cry from anything I've see here on earth. Heck Mike, they even have real developed vocal chords. I find a picture for you.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here's two from the Internet Machine.
In the second, close-up picture, check out the mouthful of teeth. Heck , I had one that was my favorite. He was large enough that I fed it small, breedable mice. It would charge down the glass to grab the mouse, grab it, beat the the crap out of it and just swallow it like a snake would. One swallow. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457869379.335563.jpg check out the teeth! Yes they bite!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457869397.173907.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I so glad he come for visit and clean out those leaves for you. Did your Grandson also came? And....
I guess you are not going to TX with us when we go visit Kelly in next couple months or so??! !

I would really love to go, but it takes an awful lot of will power to psych myself up for a trip - well, that and $$$

No, the grandchild that lives with my son in Texas is a girl. And she didn't come.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I would really love to go, but it takes an awful lot of will power to psych myself up for a trip - well, that and $$$

No, the grandchild that lives with my son in Texas is a girl. And she didn't come.

I hope you do psych yourself up enough to make the journey!
In the end you would be so happy you did.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know I would. And I'd love to see all of Kelly's turtles and tortoises. But it's just so hard for me to go anyplace. I feel terribly guilty asking my daughter to care for MY "hobby" when I'm gone. It's a pretty big job and she's got her own life to live. No one can talk me out of feeling like that. It's a given.

Today is supposed to be rainy. We got an awful lot of rain Friday...thunder and lightening, and huge rain drops. Our streets are flooded. I'm lucky to live up on a little hill, so flooding isn't in my vocabulary, thank goodness. Once the rain finally goes away and the sun starts shining daily, I'm going to get busy with the WeedEater and chop down all the vegetation that all the rain has wrought. One nice thing about all that "vegetation" though, if I don't have anything in the fridge for the tortoises all I have to do is grab my scissors or clippers and a bucket and the tortoises are happy. Today BO and SO got a big bunch of prickly lettuce, sow thistle and filaree each.

This morning when I woke up and looked at the clock on my cable box I kept telling myself, "It's ok. You can get up now. You've had a whole extra hour of sleep. See? the clock says so!" But my 'self' didn't believe me. Had a hard time getting out of bed this a.m. And now here it is almost lunch time, and I'm still sitting around doing nothing.

I don't really have any plans for the day. Just going to kick back and wallow in the fact that I have my house to myself once again! I love my son (and the rest of my family and extended family) but I really like to be alone.

gamera154

grand terrace ca
I know I would. And I'd love to see all of Kelly's turtles and tortoises. But it's just so hard for me to go anyplace. I feel terribly guilty asking my daughter to care for MY "hobby" when I'm gone. It's a pretty big job and she's got her own life to live. No one can talk me out of feeling like that. It's a given.

Today is supposed to be rainy. We got an awful lot of rain Friday...thunder and lightening, and huge rain drops. Our streets are flooded. I'm lucky to live up on a little hill, so flooding isn't in my vocabulary, thank goodness. Once the rain finally goes away and the sun starts shining daily, I'm going to get busy with the WeedEater and chop down all the vegetation that all the rain has wrought. One nice thing about all that "vegetation" though, if I don't have anything in the fridge for the tortoises all I have to do is grab my scissors or clippers and a bucket and the tortoises are happy. Today BO and SO got a big bunch of prickly lettuce, sow thistle and filaree each.

This morning when I woke up and looked at the clock on my cable box I kept telling myself, "It's ok. You can get up now. You've had a whole extra hour of sleep. See? the clock says so!" But my 'self' didn't believe me. Had a hard time getting out of bed this a.m. And now here it is almost lunch time, and I'm still sitting around doing nothing.

I don't really have any plans for the day. Just going to kick back and wallow in the fact that I have my house to myself once again! I love my son (and the rest of my family and extended family) but I really like to be alone.
Don't believe you're self you have to get up an hour early now

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Not really, because I'm going to be going to bed an hour earlier.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes Yvonne I do he is doing good busy with the kids .

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
The chicken that thinks it's a eagle .
Tastes like Freedom?

My boyfriend's truck is the same color green as your shirt and has the little metal realtree emblems on it. It's hard not to spot in a parking lot.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Eeeee! I'm getting excited for my new little redfoot, her people are delivering her on Tuesday from Portland. I can't wait to meet her. It's going to be so difficult to keep everyone quarantined before I can try to have a group together outdoors. I hope they all get along.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oh, I know what this is...you were jealous of Tom's new hobby with the hawk.
No not at all . I don't remember him saying he was keeping Hawks .Check this guy out .

Attachments

• 1457918364626.jpg
    1457918364626.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My grandson enjoying his horse swing . He has his boots on and everything . ha-ha I wasn't pushing him right so he made me get his Nana.

Attachments

• 1457920506884.jpg
    1457920506884.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 9