Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
All I can say is, "WOW!, Steven!!!" Do you know anything about them? Wild caught? raised from babies?
Those are imported into Taiwan few years back from Somalia. Total 4 pair of full grown Somalian Leopards imported. They are producing baby Somalian Leopard now.

M

Maggie Cummings

My new tortoise is very shy and scared of people he goes in his shell when I try to touch him.

I have 2 young Sulcata who both pee and poop on me when I pick them up. It takes a long time for them to get comfortable with us. Remember, as tortoises they know they are prey, so here are these huge things picking him up. So first just wrap a small towel around his butt, and make sure he's fully supported, and hold him and talk to him a lot. Pretty soon you'll be pals

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Windshield wiper arms suck to get clocked right ! Time for beer !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I had so much fun Friday with my two girls. We found an amazing Mexican buffet, where I got to try cactus. Then we went shopping for my dress to wear, as I cowalk my daughter down the aisle. My girls have never saw me in a dress, as the last one was way before they were born. Then of course I needed shoes to wear with it. Ended up my youngest daughter and I both bought the same half boots for the wedding. Then we ended the day at a craft store, for me to buy flowers to decorate for the wedding and party. A much poorer day at the end, but one much richer in laughs, love, and memories.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah clocked right . We took the arm off to paint the truck . Not just the blade . Now they stop in the up position. Not the down position. Back to the drawing board .

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yeah clocked right . We took the arm off to paint the truck . Not just the blade . Now they stop in the up position. Not the down position. Back to the drawing board .
In general, windshield wipers have a cam connected to the motor, which activates a switch when the wipers are in the fully down position. This tells the control circuitry to shut off the motor at this point if the control switch for the wipers has been turned off. It sounds like this cam either became skewed (do the wipers top in the same position each time?), or jammed in the down position, keeping the switch depressed (or the switch itself has jammed in this manner)........

Sounds like a parking peg in the wiper motor broke off. Replacing the motor will almost certainly fix it. After you put in the new motor, but before you attach the wiper arms, turn the wipers on, then off. Now you know that the motor is in the Park position.

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They stop in the up position every time . No Matter where I clock them

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'll be sure to check the motor . My son and I worked on it for two hours and got no where. I got a good buzz drinking beer. But that's about it . Hahahahaha that's part of building cars I think .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Rat rods are so much easier to build . Rain x no wipers

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am sure soon you will be wiping away those raindrops, Mike. Lol happy Sunday Mike and that CA guy.