Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The moderators can send the threads to "To Be Deleted" and ban the spammer, but the username and IP are still on the books. When I come on I usually ban the IP then delete the username. But it really doesn't matter, as they just come back with new usernames and IPs. I've sent Josh an email asking if there's a way to set our anti-spam program to recognize Chinese writing and have those threads "moderated" so they don't show up on the General population, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm curious about ransomware. So it holds up your computer for an amount of $$, let's say, $5000. What's to stop you from just buying a new computer? A new computer is cheaper than $5000.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I'm curious about ransomware. So it holds up your computer for an amount of $$, let's say, $5000. What's to stop you from just buying a new computer? A new computer is cheaper than $5000.
Nothing. But if all your data is encrypted then you will have lost all your documents and photos

If you have a recent backup, you can reinstall windows or buy a new machine and get your data from the backup. If you don't then you have have a problem.

The businesses with good backup systems simply wipe the computers and servers and restore data. It takes time, but they lose little.

The ones with poor or no backups are in trouble. Some people backup to a hard drive that is permanently attached to their network or computer. If they do this, the backup gets encrypted too so they may as well not have a backup

M

Maggie Cummings

I got Hermie from Tortoise Town too. She's doing really well. I'm hoping someday I can move to a warmer climate and have a Sulcata.

I live in the PacificNorthWest and have 4 Sulcata. You simply have to set them up correctly and with enough room if they are going to have to stay in for any length of time. My Tort shed has only 2 Sulcata in it and it's 20'X12'.
My big Sulcata had to stay in for weeks at a time due to snow/ice/rain. Finally I'd open his door and he'd take a walk thru the snow and then go under a light and warm up.
I have a 2 yr old who goes in the snow. And 2 yearlings who play in the rain. The box turtles go out every day regardless of weather....

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I live in the PacificNorthWest and have 4 Sulcata. You simply have to set them up correctly and with enough room if they are going to have to stay in for any length of time. My Tort shed has only 2 Sulcata in it and it's 20'X12'.
My big Sulcata had to stay in for weeks at a time due to snow/ice/rain. Finally I'd open his door and he'd take a walk thru the snow and then go under a light and warm up.
I have a 2 yr old who goes in the snow. And 2 yearlings who play in the rain. The box turtles go out every day regardless of weather....

My poor Redfoots are excited for next weeks forecast, we've got their new yard secure, we just need good night boxes or a greenhouse for the 'typical' spring weather. Until then I'm hauling them in and out.

Greta16

Western Maine
I'm going to look into it in a few years when the kids are ( I was gonna say gone, but who knows) adults. We definately have the space.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My poor Redfoots are excited for next weeks forecast, we've got their new yard secure, we just need good night boxes or a greenhouse for the 'typical' spring weather. Until then I'm hauling them in and out.
Me and mine are also looking forward to the days ahead of us that the weather guessers are saying we should be getting…ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495094328.536767.jpg
Looks warm enough to graze in the sun finally, yup.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Good afternoon people . I tried to show up this morning but spammers took over the forum . I ain't got no time for that . haha