Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Did you at least cut the back straps out of it and make beef tips and gravy? I would have . Hahaha as long as it wasn't too mangled. Venison yummy goodness.

Not sure how mangled she was. She hopped on the hood and was looking me in the face. Only the glass stopped us from kissing

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A deer or a dear.....

Just making sure you didn't take Jeff out ;)

What???? You cut your hand again... stand right here for a sec, don't move and keep your eyes closed

Nah wouldn't hurt my car on purpace. Actually that dear will be coming home perhaps Sunday.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Not sure how mangled she was. She hopped on the hood and was looking me in the face. Only the glass stopped us from kissing
I did that once. Pulled over, walked back and shot her fast and painless. It was a good lesson for me to teach my passenger that unless it's a cow, horse, or an elk that will take off the top of your car and kill you, it's best to not swerve from a deer that jumps into your lane. And mike, these parts even dispatching the deer out of season for humanity's sake would have gotten me in trouble. Plus it being a doe would have made it worse. What's expected here is for you to call fish and game and just leave it for them to come get it.
I would point to the dent on the front passenger side and ask, "why did the deer cross the road?" "She didn't"!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's what I'd do . I always tell them . I'm not asking I'm telling you with this note I will not be here these days . I was looking for a job when I found this one . Hahahaha There's so much work for electrical people it isn't funny .

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I emailed my boss just last night saying I was taking Friday off and he replied with "don't you think you should ask for time off not just tell me when you're taking it". I told him "No sir, you don't ask me when you want me to work late. I have the time off available, it's on a day when almost nothing is going on and I have kevin (his son) covering for me". He just replied "fair enough, have fun"

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We have to ask two weeks in advance, but hours are posted the Wednesday before.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What are you planning for next week, Jacqui?

I've been slowly working on getting the outdoor habitats ready for winter, and yesterday I finished up the leopards. I was going to use the shop vac today to work in the Manouria shed, so I just left it outside. Wouldn't you just know it? It rained last night. I hope the water hasn't wrecked the vac.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My house sits up on a hill, and from the street, at the bottom of my driveway, there's quite a dip. So the fellow who bought the Aldabran tortoises backed his cargo van up to the bottom of the driveway and because of the dip, the back end was low to the ground. Then he placed a plywood door as a ramp. I opened the gate to the aldabran yard and encouraged SO to follow me, holding out a piece of cantaloup. He followed me all the way down the driveway and up the ramp and into the van. But BO isn't quite as eager to follow food, so I had to call my neighbor, Bear, and see if he'd come over and help put BO into the van. They backed the van up to the Aldabran gate and the two men lifted BO up and into the van.

The tortoises made the trip safely, but I was told the van was in pretty bad, stinky shape by the time they got where they were going. Any of you who have cleaned up a little tortoise poop after a car ride, can just imagine the stinky mess two LARGE, over 250 pound tortoises made during a 5 or 6 hour car ride.

I feel pretty sad they're gone, but I know it was for the best. I fought it as long as I could. I haven't gone out to feed yet this a.m., but I know I'm going to really miss those big guys when I do.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
That's what I'd do . I always tell them . I'm not asking I'm telling you with this note I will not be here these days . I was looking for a job when I found this one . Hahahaha There's so much work for electrical people it isn't funny .
All the Building Trades need good workers not just electricians, but young people today think they need a college degree to succeed in the future. How wrong they are.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Some people aren't made for college . God knows I'm not . But I made straight A's in my electrical Vocational School. Four years straight graduated in honor roll. Crazy because it's mostly math . I was good at it in highschool. Not so good of a speller / essay writer.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Don't get it on you . But after it dries it's awesome . The fastest drying stuff with no odor after it drys I have found . I'm telling you ,you can make a plywood box water proof with it .
Thank you for the tip. I will be super careful. I will wait till next week when the temperature up to 80's. we have low 70's till Sunday.

Did you applied two coats? Or just once? Thanks.