Pretend Chat 2.14

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I've found a new food goal: Pumpecapple Piecake.

"one layer of a pumpkin pie baked into a spice cake, topped by a layer of a pecan pie baked inside of a chocolate cake topped by a layer of an apple pie baked inside of our traditional spiced cake."

https://blog.3brothersbakery.com/?s=pumpecapple
I don't like my food all mixed together like that! I like my pie crust to be crisp. How can it be crisp if it is covered in cake batter?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We could use some rain. None for about 4 weeks and none forecast for at least the next week. Bike Fest starts tomorrow here at the Beach and the last 3 years it's rained, so I guess it's good for that.

It is suppose to rain all day Thursday until Sat am. They have already put us in a flood warming for those days.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
2017 Rescue #57 turned out to be male. Parker is about 80lbs, 15 years old, has a forward shot underjaw and a bad shell from some sort of accident when he was a baby. But he's a pretty nice tortoise.

View attachment 219741 View attachment 219742
It never ceases to amaze me just how resilient tortoises are. Even when they have broken legs, severely damaged shells or poor care from their human caretaker their ability to make tremendous recoveries brings me joy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I may be fostering 1.2 leopard tortoises. I've got the space and the shed now that the Aldabrans are gone. If I do, I'll post pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a gyp! The new Star Trek: Discovery isn't going to be on regular tv. It's on an app that you have to buy then pay a monthly fee to watch it.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
What a gyp! The new Star Trek: Discovery isn't going to be on regular tv. It's on an app that you have to buy then pay a monthly fee to watch it.
The first episode was on regular TV. It wasn't very good IMO. I think they put their less popular shows on the app.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's pretty cute. I love the anchor accent.