Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
A pretty little sulcata came to be my rescue #58 today. This has been a pretty slow year for rescues. Seems to me that by this time of year I've received about 65 or 70 animals. It makes me proud to realize that we're getting better at caring for these little sulcatas. These people didn't really know much about tortoises at all, but just look at what a pretty tortoise they raised. Nadine is about 3 years old:

2017 Rescue #58 b.jpg 2017 Rescue #58 c.jpg 2017 Rescue 358 a.jpg

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
A pretty little sulcata came to be my rescue #58 today. This has been a pretty slow year for rescues. Seems to me that by this time of year I've received about 65 or 70 animals. It makes me proud to realize that we're getting better at caring for these little sulcatas. These people didn't really know much about tortoises at all, but just look at what a pretty tortoise they raised. Nadine is about 3 years old:

View attachment 220493 View attachment 220494 View attachment 220495
There is a Nadine sulcata on the forum: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/this-is-nadine.143031/#post-1339687

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I'm getting those torts today!!!! They offered me the pair for $150 with a 40 gal long tank and light included. I won't be keeping them in that tank long though. They will only stay in there for so long as it takes me to go get my tortoise stuff out of storage in the the next day or two.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I know that keeping a pair together is frowned upon by most everyone and I asked questions about dominant behavior and bullying. I was told they have lived together for several years and get along. I'm contemplating maybe using the tank for one and my old tort table for the other but I'm not sure. I really only wanted the male but they didn't want to sell separate and $150 was a good deal for both. I might just post the female for sale or something eventually

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That was actually yesterday a.m. I forgot to click "post reply"

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I got the torts!!! The female is BIG. These people obviously loved them but were making a lot of mistakes in care. I'm not one to pass judgement because I'm still very much a novice in tort care and if I hadn't found yall when I got Lou I'd have been worse off then they were. Can't wait to get them home though. Gonna clean out the tank and give them a good soak.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
North San Diego County (more for you than me)? Want to work with many really cool tortoises? I need help for a few days the week before the T-Day holiday - THE WEEK BEFORE. I pay pretty decent wages, even for training. please call me with your voice at 215-483-7675. After all we are going to actually spend time in the same tortoise Farm for a few training sessions, so don't be shy (NO txt or PM). Will

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am miserably sick, but I wanted to check in and show you what Mango did. Expensive little bass-turd. No idea what we are going to do about it yet. Its just wrapped. IMG_20171017_185325.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The biggest one has such a beautiful shell.
This is the prettiest and biggest group of three toe box turtles I've ever received. All of them have beautiful shells and are bigger than normal. Their main diet was the "fruity pebbles" type box turtle food.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
These last few months have been the pits for my dogs. First, Raine, who was the second oldest at 17-19 years of age died. Then my bestest friend, Balarney died at about 20 years. The third oldest, Mister, had a stroke, but except for walking difficulties is doing ok. He is around 14. Today it was my coonhound, Theo who died. He was only about 11 years old.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
These last few months have been the pits for my dogs. First, Raine, who was the second oldest at 17-19 years of age died. Then my bestest friend, Balarney died at about 20 years. The third oldest, Mister, had a stroke, but except for walking difficulties is doing ok. He is around 14. Today it was my coonhound, Theo who died. He was only about 11 years old.
How horrible! You've had a terrible time. I'm so sorry.