Pretend Chat 2.14

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
We are hosting our first holiday gathering in the new house. The great thing about guests is that we clean everything spotless so they don't know what slobs we are!
My problem is organization. I always run out of room to store things and then can never seem to find what I am looking for.
Like today, looking for the blood pressure monitor that we got last year... Have no idea where I put it.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My problem is organization. I always run out of room to store things and then can never seem to find what I am looking for.
Like today, looking for the blood pressure monitor that we got last year... Have no idea where I put it.
Somehow I have an 80th birthday lunch to organise for my mother on December 16th (5 hours north of here) with family coming from all directions.. and my in-laws for Christmas. The in-laws are a challenge at the best of times, so not really looking forward to that. Last time they were here for Christmas they rounded on my sister in law and had her in tears. And in front of their grandchildren who were horrified. I can't wait for December 26th when they go home!

Bambam1989

East Texas
Somehow I have an 80th birthday lunch to organise for my mother on December 16th (5 hours north of here) with family coming from all directions.. and my in-laws for Christmas. The in-laws are a challenge at the best of times, so not really looking forward to that. Last time they were here for Christmas they rounded on my sister in law and had her in tears. And in front of their grandchildren who were horrified. I can't wait for December 26th when they go home!
You have my sympathy

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I laughed when I read this, I got the electric roaster down from the top of the refrigerator today and had to move 3 of them to get it down.Picture.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Today I got one of the golf carts ready for cold weather,Picture 2357.jpg I believe I have mentioned these before, the heater I use in the covered carts.Picture 2359.jpg It could be used for emergency heat for smaller tortoises during power outages.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Erk! Intermittent problems are a pain to diagnose :(

It would be worth asking your computer shop to take the case off and give a thorough blast with the air duster and then to reseat the RAM to see if that makes any difference. It's where I would start. They'll have the antistatic bands you need before doing that kind of thing.
Yeah, when I told him about the dust I blew out, he took off the cover and cleaned out the inside.

I called them up and told them it won't turn on. He told me to hold in the on/off button and count to 15 , then let go and turn it back on VOILA!!!!! We have liftoff!!!

After all that, my internet went down and was out the whole rest of the day until just a bit ago, and now it' real slow.

But, thank goodnes. . . I'm back in business!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I still hsven't foun
d my glasses.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I just love when the weather forecast is wrong.
The low tonight was expected to be around 40f, but it's already 32f. Hope this freeze doesn't knock out too many weeds:(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yeah, when I told him about the dust I blew out, he took off the cover and cleaned out the inside.

I called them up and told them it won't turn on. He told me to hold in the on/off button and count to 15 , then let go and turn it back on VOILA!!!!! We have liftoff!!!

After all that, my internet went down and was out the whole rest of the day until just a bit ago, and now it' real slow.

But, thank goodnes. . . I'm back in business!!

That’s the hard reset trick again! What I suggested when you first had the problem. Remember this one! You may need it again!

I’m glad you are back in business :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I just love when the weather forecast is wrong.
The low tonight was expected to be around 40f, but it's already 32f. Hope this freeze doesn't knock out too many weeds:(

Weeds seen to manage fine. We have had several 20s nights and I just saw a blooming wild violet. The stinging nettles are in fine form.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We want to take out the old waterheater, but it won't drain. Maybe rust plugging it up? Then Jeff went to replace the tub drain and found out he has to replace the whole setup, not just the drain. :confused:

Len B

10 Year Member!
We want to take out the old waterheater, but it won't drain. Maybe rust plugging it up? Then Jeff went to replace the tub drain and found out he has to replace the whole setup, not just the drain. :confused:
If you have a compressor shoot some air into the drain to see if that will open it up some.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor Jeff. He never gets a day off.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Was at Home Depot buying insulation and bought a Jade plant because it was on sale.. now to decide what pot to replant it in.