Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
My oldest grand daughter lives in New Jersey, but several years ago she spent a couple months here because she was going to be at the VA hospital here. She stayed at her mom's house. And because she would be here for a while, she brought her cat with her. While they were here she bought Princey a couple cat trees and many, many toys. When she was finished at the hospital and moved back to New Jersey, she left the cat and his equipment at her mom's house. My daughter (the mom) wasn't very happy to have all those toys plus THREE cat trees in her house, so she asked me if I wanted one of the trees. They brought it over today. I opened the drapes in the living room and they placed the tree right in front of the window. Sterling LOVES it!

It doesn't interfere with my decor, right? Everyone has cat trees, cubes and tunnels in their living room, right?

View attachment 224769 View attachment 224770
Nice fit. I think......

All your cat will agree with me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today I'm having to do one of the things I hate most in the world. I'm taking Little Brother to be euthanized. I got him as a stray when he was about 6 months old, in '02. He has a tumor on his gums, around a canine tooth, he's very thin, and it would be pretty hard for a cat in his condition to live through this coming cold winter outside. The mouth tumor is now making it hard for him to eat. There's hardly any meat on his bones.

I'm also taking Sterling to have a thyroid test done on her. She's very fat! She's only about a year old and quite obese. Before I put her on a strict diet I want to be sure there isn't an underlying health issue. It will be hard to put her on a diet because there's another cat in the house, Little Missy Kitty, who is a slow/picky eater. I'm afraid if I don't have free choice dry food out all the time Little Missy Kitty will start to get thinner than she already is. So I'm going to have to get creative with the food.

I hate having an animal euthanized, but I've been psyching myself up for it for a while, so I'm ready. His quality of life isn't very good. I'm just grateful he's been able to find his way into a tortoise house at night and keep warm on a pig blanket.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sheesh that was hard. After Little Brother was gone I took a close look inside his mouth. The tumor was almost gone, whereas when I put him into the carrier to go to the vet it was bright red and quite big. So it was just full of blood, evidently. Also, he has no top teeth! No wonder he couldn't eat.

The vet drew blood from Sterling to send to the lab for a full panel, and he cleaned her ears. My lord they were dirty. He said no mites, but very, very dirty, dried goop. He said some cats get pretty fat after spaying (I had her spayed a few months ago), but the blood work will tell the story.

I'm so glad that's over with. No more old cats around here. I think the oldest is Little Missy Kitty. She's about 6. I don't know how old Charlie is. He's a stray that came here last December, full grown and already neutered. Lady Grey is about 4. Mr. Kitty Man is about 3. Spencer is about 3. Sterling is a little more than a year. And my favorite puppy is (I think) 4 this year. So I've got a long time to go before I have to think about euthanizing any of them, thank goodness.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Sheesh that was hard. After Little Brother was gone I took a close look inside his mouth. The tumor was almost gone, whereas when I put him into the carrier to go to the vet it was bright red and quite big. So it was just full of blood, evidently. Also, he has no top teeth! No wonder he couldn't eat.

The vet drew blood from Sterling to send to the lab for a full panel, and he cleaned her ears. My lord they were dirty. He said no mites, but very, very dirty, dried goop. He said some cats get pretty fat after spaying (I had her spayed a few months ago), but the blood work will tell the story.

I'm so glad that's over with. No more old cats around here. I think the oldest is Little Missy Kitty. She's about 6. I don't know how old Charlie is. He's a stray that came here last December, full grown and already neutered. Lady Grey is about 4. Mr. Kitty Man is about 3. Spencer is about 3. Sterling is a little more than a year. And my favorite puppy is (I think) 4 this year. So I've got a long time to go before I have to think about euthanizing any of them, thank goodness.
Sorry you had to go through that. It's always difficult letting them go.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Hugs Yvonne!! Saying goodbye is the hardest part about having a pet.