Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Man that red is a little rough-looking. But he's in good hands . Jax what do you do with all your tortioses and plants when all that white Frozen stuff is all over.
The picture really doesn't do it justice. He's BAD shape. Very ugly. But he's up for adoption.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If you want to send him to Texas I'll gladly pay for it .I don't know the logistics but you should have my address .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Would you just look at this ! Yesterday I was in shorts cleaning tortiose enclosures ! I added some more drift wood to the red footed tortioses enclosure .Screenshot_20180116-063802.jpgIMG_20180115_173714243.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
This is me providing proof of life. All 6 tortoises are upright and I'm trying to make room for an ugly little yellow foot from a rescuer friend. What's one more mouth to feed?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This is me providing proof of life. All 6 tortoises are upright and I'm trying to make room for an ugly little yellow foot from a rescuer friend. What's one more mouth to feed?

If you decide you don't want ugly, you could send him to me. :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@Jacqui
Where do your torts stay in the winter?
Here’s what runs through my mind.
I always image you having a big barn all divided up and they stay warm all winter.
Silly I know.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My house use to have a huge dining room table. It use to have a couch, loveseat and chairs. It use to have a computer unit. It use to have four children living in it. All these things moved out and in moved stock tanks.

At this rate, in about ten years, I will also have two re-invented garages to spread out in.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I told you about Runza the other day. Well in January and February, they have "Temperature Tuesdays". On those days whatever the temperature is at 6 am, is what the runza cost. You do have to buy a medium fries and drink. Yesterday was -1, so the runza itself was free.

20180116_204055.jpg 20180116_204519.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My house use to have a huge dining room table. It use to have a couch, loveseat and chairs. It use to have a computer unit. It use to have four children living in it. All these things moved out and in moved stock tanks.

At this rate, in about ten years, I will also have two re-invented garages to spread out in.
Right! When one lives alone (in your case, most of the time, in my case all of the time) one has the option of having House Beautiful, something to look at and never use, or making room for the animals within. In my case, my living room is cat haven, with toys and trees taking up the whole room. I live for me and my animals, not for whoever may come over to visit and have the need to sit on a comfortable couch, etc.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A week or so ago I had to take Little Brother (cat) in to be euthanized. Old age, tumor in his mouth, thin, etc. So this week there's a new stray hanging around. A orange tabby with nicked ears and pretty raggedy looking. I'm going to have to trap him to catch him, as he takes off like a shot when he sees me seeing him. So I'll trap him and get him to the vet to be neutered, then bring him back and let him go. I'll carry my camera with me the next few days and try to get a picture of him.

Well, I've dilly dallied long enough. Time to go out and brave the cold cruel world (read foggy, can't see your nose in front of your face) and take care of the animals.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
If you decide you don't want ugly, you could send him to me. :)

This is "Archimedes" - I'm hoping to take her in, but she's a bully so I'm trying to sort out an indoor enclosure. It'd be much easier if it were summer....or if I had money to do more than sketch out the tortoise shed.
neck crop.jpg side.jpg