Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
While I was in the back yard, tending to Dudley's poop in his shed, I sneaked a peak over the fence to where the newest stray cat is usually seen. I hit the plus symbol on my camera to get a close up picture of him, and it turned out real blurry, so I went back to 'normal' and took another shot. He has the prettiest face. He almost looks female he's so pretty. Then when I got around to the front of the house, naturally, he was gone, but I took a picture of the spot he lays on and you can see his indent in the grass on top of the tortoise house:

stray cat 1-17-18 a.jpg stray cat 1-17-18 b.jpg stray cat 1-17-18 c.jpg Br-r-r-r it's cold out there. Guess I'm going to have to make a fire. The sun never came out yesterday, and it looks like it's going to be another day like that today. When that happens, the house cools off inside. We're on a 'no burn' schedule, but I'm sorry, I'm going to make a fire!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@Jacqui If I wasn’t married I would have a house of pets too!! We do have 13 pets but few of those are fish.
My kids won goldfish at the fair last summer and I put them in my turtle stock pond and they lived!! I thought for sure that turtle would have had a snack. They are huge now!!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Look at that mouth on Archi! :)
That's her intake photo so its been worked on a little bit. I do transports for the rescue and she knows I've been looking for a YF to rescue so she's been trying to get her to me every time I get within 100 miles. Apparently Archie was with a group of bigger YF for 8 years before she got the guts to start challenging them.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Are you planning a fun one?
Not really. Even my wife also in China.

I pick-up my wife on Tuesday night, and then drive 100 miles, take her to her sister's place and came back to the city where my office is. She is fly to her brother's city tomorrow for a week. She is in China, but I still alone.

Hahahahaha~~That is okay. We are in same time zone, at least! ! !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not really. Even my wife also in China.

I pick-up my wife on Tuesday night, and then drive 100 miles, take her to her sister's place and came back to the city where my office is. She is fly to her brother's city tomorrow for a week. She is in China, but I still alone.

Hahahahaha~~That is okay. We are in same time zone, at least! ! !

Sounds a bit like Jeff and I.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I sometimes think my cats break things, just so they get a new box. They pushed a light off an enclosure and the bulb broke within the base. I leave those for Jeff to fix, so I had to buy a new bulb and holder. Finished putting the bulb in and reached down for the box to trash it. It was a bit heavier than when I bought it...
20180117_123337.jpg 20180117_123432.jpg 20180117_123649.jpg 20180117_124110.jpg
They did try to squeeze in two at once, but it didn't work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I sometimes think my cats break things, just so they get a new box. They pushed a light off an enclosure and the bulb broke within the base. I leave those for Jeff to fix, so I had to buy a new bulb and holder. Finished putting the bulb in and reached down for the box to trash it. It was a bit heavier than when I bought it...
View attachment 228285 View attachment 228286 View attachment 228287 View attachment 228288
They did try to squeeze in two at once, but it didn't work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today is my daughter's birthday. She was born in 1960. It's days like today when I look into the bathroom mirror as I'm combing my hair in the a.m. and a see a very, very old person looking back at me. Maybe a new hair-do would help.

I had an out of town visitor this week-end. He worried about me going into my garden shed with all the opossum poop/pee/smell in there and so he brought up the necessary equipment to clean out the shed. He worked at it most of the day Saturday. When everything was clean and dry and put back inside, there's way more room in there than previously. Plus it no longer smells!!! He also raked all the leaves off my garage roof! Yippee!! That job is getting real hard for me so I'm glad he took it on. He also removed all the T-posts that we put up to protect the pond fence from the Aldabran tortoises. When he left today he took with him 5 hatchling three toe box turtles, 6 three year old three toe, or maybe includes a gulf coast or two, box turtles and two hatchling leopard tortoises - to sell from where he lives. He gets so much done on his visits, but after he leaves I look around and there's always way too much for me to do. Now I have piles and piles of leaves all around the garage/tortoise gazebo, a bunch of no good junk that needs to be hauled to the dump, some branches off the mulberry tree that need to be cut up and disposed of. Oh well. Maybe, like they say, work keeps you young. So after I get this stuff all cleaned up I'll look in the bathroom mirror at my reflection and I'll see a younger person looking back at me. Right?