Pretend Chat 2.14

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Yuck! Double Yuck!! and now I'm feeling nauseated!!!

I very seldom ever buy fast food. I worry about germs. But occasionally I overcome my phobia and indulge. Today was such a day. Jack In The Box has been advertising "food truck sandwiches" and they look pretty good in the commercial, so on my way home from running errands I stopped at J in the B and bought their cheese steak sandwich. I brought it home because I had groceries to put away. So I got a bottle of water and cut my sandwich in two, and sat down here at the computer to read and eat. As I was taking a bite, a little chunk of something fell out of the sandwich onto the floor. I tapped my foot at it and Misty picked it up. After a few more bites and a couple more pages, I noticed Misty had her chin resting on my keyboard shelf, and when I looked at her, she had something sticking out of the front of her mouth. (she always hands me things in that fashion) When I took it from her it turned out to be a chewed wad of green gum. All the gum I chew is grey or light brown when chewed. And now I'm thinking that terrible wad of germy gum was what fell out of my sandwich. So if I get sick in the next few days you all will know that I will NEVER, EVER buy fast food again!
Yuck. That is absolutely awful.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I very seldom ever buy fast food. I worry about germs. But occasionally I overcome my phobia and indulge. Today was such a day. Jack In The Box has been advertising "food truck sandwiches" and they look pretty good in the commercial, so on my way home from running errands I stopped at J in the B and bought their cheese steak sandwich. I brought it home because I had groceries to put away. So I got a bottle of water and cut my sandwich in two, and sat down here at the computer to read and eat. As I was taking a bite, a little chunk of something fell out of the sandwich onto the floor. I tapped my foot at it and Misty picked it up. After a few more bites and a couple more pages, I noticed Misty had her chin resting on my keyboard shelf, and when I looked at her, she had something sticking out of the front of her mouth. (she always hands me things in that fashion) When I took it from her it turned out to be a chewed wad of green gum. All the gum I chew is grey or light brown when chewed. And now I'm thinking that terrible wad of germy gum was what fell out of my sandwich. So if I get sick in the next few days you all will know that I will NEVER, EVER buy fast food again!

So how was the sandwich?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
My husband agrees with you!
The worst I've ever had was someone's hair.

The worst I've had were bugs. Once I got some wax paper in a salad. Once my broccoli was crawling. It was covered with tiny bugs, maybe aphids. I think fast food joints are the worst because they hire kids.

Peliroja32

Biloxi, Mississippi

Oh my. My worst was a gas station pizza fresh made, had a long black hair across the top, then i saw the lady making the pizzas had long black hair, not even tied up, let alone in a hairnet

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The worst I've had were bugs. Once I got some wax paper in a salad. Once my broccoli was crawling. It was covered with tiny bugs, maybe aphids. I think fast food joints are the worst because they hire kids.
Yeah, that's the thing. I don't even think twice about going to a 'real' restaurant. It's only the fast food joints that I have an aversion to.