Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Not so fun to drive in that kind of weather. Be careful.

Coming into work was a pain on east/west roads. At one point the wind shoved my car half way off my lane. Worried more about the drive home in the morning.

EdMurphy

Minnesota
We had 21" of snow over the weekend. I look forward to the April showers that will bring May flowers but with another 4" forecast for this week I think it's going to be a while before the tort gets to go outside.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We had 21" of snow over the weekend. I look forward to the April showers that will bring May flowers but with another 4" forecast for this week I think it's going to be a while before the tort gets to go outside.
I took all my cooped-up-for-the-winter tortoises out to their respective yards yesterday to spend the day in the sun. But it's overcast and only about 60F today, so they're back to being cooped up!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

That’s just crazy talk!!

I won’t complain about my chilly San Diego weather!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
As of this morning, we’re at the 5” monthly total so far for April and the average monthly total is 2”! And it’s that cold rainfall.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
As of this morning, we’re at the 5” monthly total so far for April and the average monthly total is 2”! And it’s that cold rainfall.
My lawn is a jungle, it hasn't dried out enough in 10 days to mow. I whined to my mom in Spokane about it and apparently they mow 2x a month tops. I mow every week at least with how fast my yard grows.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I mow every week at least with how fast my yard grows.
Mine gets cut once a week during the one day that it doesn’t rain. I alternate front and back. Both yards are yards with tortoise weeds growing in them. I like to have a “clean“ lookin front yard but the tenants that rented before us grew pot in the back. When they moved out they thought they were doing us a favor by scattering all the growing media complete with vermiculite all over the back yard. Great weeds in back with vermiculite thick in the roots and a front yard that doesn’t need to have holes in it.

Bambam1989

East Texas
My lawn is a jungle, it hasn't dried out enough in 10 days to mow. I whined to my mom in Spokane about it and apparently they mow 2x a month tops. I mow every week at least with how fast my yard grows.
I know what you mean! Our yard "squishes" when you walk on it and the grass is just a big, wet mass that clogs up the mower.
If we don't get a good break in the rain soon (not just a day here or there) I'm going to have to borrow someone's bush hog.