Pretend Chat 2.14

baldegale

I hear ya. I couldn't do without my critters.

i have a snake, a tort, n a beardie. tort n beardie stayed in tennessee with my folks and my snake is at my girlfriends house.. i need a pet! i wanted an axolotl but my room temps are too high. so i was thinking a fire belly toad but i dont know if my grandma would allow that. so im kinda stuck as to what i can get

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
i have a snake, a tort, n a beardie. tort n beardie stayed in tennessee with my folks and my snake is at my girlfriends house.. i need a pet! i wanted an axolotl but my room temps are too high. so i was thinking a fire belly toad but i dont know if my grandma would allow that. so im kinda stuck as to what i can get
So you're staying with your Grandma? Ask her. She may surprise you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
life has been BUSY! in a good way though. i moved to ohio, got a girlfriend, and have been doing things non-stop. its a good feeling! but i miss my pets so much.

As I recall last time you were here, you had a birthday and were thinking of moving to Grandma's.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yip. Was very boring yesterday.
What's wrong with bread? I LOVE BREAD!!!!! If it's fresh and I have cold butter, nothing better. I could make a meal outta' that too. But today I'm having a TV dinner. I have to defrost the little fridge and that dinner is in its freezer compartment. It's too stuck to the ice to know what it is yet, so it's a surprise lunch!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
What's wrong with bread? I LOVE BREAD!!!!! If it's fresh and I have cold butter, nothing better. I could make a meal outta' that too. But today I'm having a TV dinner. I have to defrost the little fridge and that dinner is in its freezer compartment. It's too stuck to the ice to know what it is yet, so it's a surprise lunch!
I love bread too. One of my downfalls.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am not that big of fan of bread, but once I smother it in stuff like butter, it's not to bad.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's funny, earlier we talked about toads. As I was entering my garage, in the walkway sat one. I told him, he had great timing.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hadn't saw a hummingbird all year, but kept thinking I heard one. Yesterday, as we left for Jeff's appt, there it was on these hollyhocks. Sorry, no picture of the hummer.20180611_140033.jpg

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Pen fried fish fillet and soy sauce winter gourd.

This "winter gourd" is not very popular in Western food but show up often in Chinese and Japanese food. Here are few picture of this "gourd"

View attachment 241688

This is at harvest.

View attachment 241689

Cut opened
View attachment 241690

Cut the thick skin off and in pieces......Ready to cook.

View attachment 241691

That looks amazing! Would it taste good shredded in a salad? One of my brother-in-laws is from Taiwan and taught me about many different foods, but never heard of this one. I’m in south Louisiana, West Baton Rouge, not far from Gulf of Mexico. It’s 88% Humidity now.. Daisy is loving it in outside enclosure. We got back from our trip and my daughter was taking care of her, I swear she grew a ton, going to weigh and measure her after soak and poo lol

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I think Allison spoiled her rotten, she is on summer break from LSU and was with her all day. She soaked her 2 times a day and we only ever had time for 1, she also said she ate a ton and pooped a ton. LOL

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
That looks amazing! Would it taste good shredded in a salad? One of my brother-in-laws is from Taiwan and taught me about many different foods, but never heard of this one. I’m in south Louisiana, West Baton Rouge, not far from Gulf of Mexico. It’s 88% Humidity now.. Daisy is loving it in outside enclosure. We got back from our trip and my daughter was taking care of her, I swear she grew a ton, going to weigh and measure her after soak and poo lol
I'm not sure how it taste if shredded into salad. But I'm sure it will not taste bad. We always cook it, in many different ways. I'm also born and raised in Taiwan.