Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
View attachment 251489 It’s good to “see” everyone!
I had two strokes at the beginning of the year and after the second one it was discovered that I have stage four lung cancer. My body was trying to tell me something and I had actually been to the doctors for about a year complaining of the inability to breathe, etc. etc. Seven different inhaler prescriptions and steroids did nothing because it ended up being lung cancer. I’ve never even smoked. It is spread to two areas of my spine, all of my lymph nodes, and my femur. Traditional chemo will only give me a 13% chance of survival so I am on a $15,000 a month chemo pill Tagrisso. Drama drama drama. We adopted twin boys about six months before my diagnoses (which brings us to 7 Kids now...lol) and I plan on fighting like hell! I hope everyone is doing good, Tuleo is still rotten as they come but I adore him. He’s gotten me through some pretty rotten times!

View attachment 251490
Keep fighting! Jeff was not expected to live past six months and he is still going strong at almost 6 years.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Simply lookin’ at that thar herd of youngin’s wears me out. My tortoises would really be needin’ to step it up to help me in your situation! Keep posting’ on here, we miss ya’! I’m usually up too late West coast time.
Hi Ken hope all is fine back there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Holy cow, Dawn. Sheesh!!! I 'm not going to give you any words of sympathy because I don't want to drag you down. Keep the faith!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
@DawnH

Oh Dawn,
I’m so sorry to here this news. You sound so positive and it looks like you have a great support system.
Your family is beautiful!
Thank you! It’s pretty crazy and there’s good times and bad but I’m trying to keep my chin up!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Holy cow, Dawn. Sheesh!!! I 'm not going to give you any words of sympathy because I don't want to drag you down. Keep the faith!

Thank you! It’s so ridiculous and I still have a hard time comprehending it all...

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Simply lookin’ at that thar herd of youngin’s wears me out. My tortoises would really be needin’ to step it up to help me in your situation! Keep posting’ on here, we miss ya’! I’m usually up too late West coast time.
Yeah- I will be 50 next year and I am utterly exhausted...lol
we were actually foster parents for the boys and they came back into care because they got abused again. They were going up for adoption and given the fact that they both have autism we were concerned they wouldn’t get the best home possible so ... here we are!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Yeah- I will be 50 next year and I am utterly exhausted...lol
we were actually foster parents for the boys and they came back into care because they got abused again. They were going up for adoption and given the fact that they both have autism we were concerned they wouldn’t get the best home possible so ... here we are!

#sanityisoverrated