Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Time to hit the sack...Good night!!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've got to leave early to the shop today. We're finally getting rain! And with that the freeway folks can be pretty special in their driving skills. They can contribute an easy 10-15 minutes to my drive...

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Good morning, hello any southern tort friends who are getting that snow storm right now. Many New Englanders call southerners babies because a little snow shuts down entire states for days... but here we have this nifty thing called a snow removal budget which includes tons of salt and plows and all that... you know not such common things in the south, we have our own personal plow and 3 snowblowers... people who don't get snow, lucky to have a shovel or 2.

Oh yeah and T minus one week till I fly down to GA to run a muddy race... I thought I was ESCAPING this darned snow!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
my breakfast was one of those 6oz small containers of raspberries, needless to say its been a good morning!
I LOVE raspberries! Like once at the flea market I bought a quart of them (that's the one blueberries are usually sold in right?) and ate the whole thing before we were even halfway home!!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I went to wake up Franklin today and I guess he had already decided it was morning because he was up and eating the leftovers from yesterday because I added WAY too much food... well then mr morning tortoise, wait until I wake him up an hour earlier tomorrow and he gives me that morning glare!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
and my table was of 3 people who came alone, so we were "friends for the night" rather than having the pictures they went around and took while painting being of us alone.

Best part is the night was only $5 because it was school sponsored! And I got a code for $20 off another one in the city if I want (which shows how expensive the nights can be) And since I'm 21 I can actually go to it with my cousin again and actually sip some wine while painting. Funny that the place with the slogan "Drink creatively" came to our dry campus lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Are these New England states you talk about the same ones which close their roads BEFORE the storm even hits?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Are these New England states you talk about the same ones which close their roads BEFORE the storm even hits?
Yup, but in our defense about 3 feet of snow did drop out of the sky in about a 24 hour period and after the blizzard '78 when cars driving home got stranded and abandoned and plows couldn't get through because of it, we have good reason.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Like the painting. More importantly, sounds like you had fun. :)
I did have fun. Adding wine would have been more fun ;)
I was joking with my cousin who I plan to go to one in the city with about wine and painting and that turned into talking about tequila and painting so I sent her a picture of a Jackson Pollack painting lol... actually once in a class we did do paintings like Pollack, that was a fun day!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Oh my goodness I've been in a constant state of stress over graduating because one of my requiremnts I did last semester as an independent study and it didn't end up where it was supposed to, and I'd been trying to contact the department head I did the study with to get it fixed and wasn't hearing back, so in a last resort effort I emailed my advisor (who turned out not to be my advisor anymore and forwarded me to the advisor they switched me to) and now its finally where its supposed to be! ... and then the department head contacts me after months of trying to contact him to schedule a meeting to fix it... wow I kind of am mad at him currently because of that all, but i'm finally at peace because I can now file my intent to graduate and will officially be able to graduate in May for sure!!!