Pretend Chat 2.14

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Oh my goodness I've been in a constant state of stress over graduating because one of my requiremnts I did last semester as an independent study and it didn't end up where it was supposed to, and I'd been trying to contact the department head I did the study with to get it fixed and wasn't hearing back, so in a last resort effort I emailed my advisor (who turned out not to be my advisor anymore and forwarded me to the advisor they switched me to) and now its finally where its supposed to be! ... and then the department head contacts me after months of trying to contact him to schedule a meeting to fix it... wow I kind of am mad at him currently because of that all, but i'm finally at peace because I can now file my intent to graduate and will officially be able to graduate in May for sure!!!
Everything is going to be fine Sarah—it always ends up that way. Hope it all goes well friend :D
Good Luck!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Fine :) Thanks for asking!
So, how's everything in the States? Hope you're all doing well.
I was doing all good. Spend 5 day to build a new night house for the torts then I got the flu. Been sick for the pass three four days now, This morning seems better.

Thank you for checking in.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Very nice and how are you today??
Thanks :) and i'm much better today, at my desk at work where its like my sanctuary, heck I even have bamboo and a zen garden to complete it lol. Graduation stuff all figured out so that stress is gone and I just have to fill out one final form. Its been a good day and its only 10:30!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Everything is going to be fine Sarah—it always ends up that way. Hope it all goes well friend :D
Good Luck!
Thankfully today it got all worked out and I can finally rest easy after I get to fill out my last form, which is on me and no one else so no stress, I hate having to rely on others.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just bought a new winter coat for the first time in 9 years... considering I was 12 nine years ago, it's a pretty big deal for me!

Here in Central California, we're too tough to wear coats. You may see a few down jackets, but hardly ever see anyone wearing a coat. When I moved here from San Francisco about 50 or so years ago, I was really amazed at how people dress here. I brought with me my treasured yellow rain slicker and when I wore it I got looks like people thought I was crazy.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Good Morning TFO! !

Looks like fever are gone and body ache are getting better also. Praise the Lord! !
Glad to hear you're feeling better! I recall you saying you're a total wimp when it comes to sick, and i'm the exact same, I start on Alka Seltzer cold the minute my throat feels funny or I cough and beat the cold out of me, thankfully I haven't seen any flu around me! Curious did you get the flu shot? I mean I know at this point it doesn't even really matter since it was shown so ineffective, I never ended up getting it before hearing how ineffective it was then decided why bother. Scary things with the flu here many hospitalizations in children and adults and even child deaths, so I'm very glad you're feeling better already. This reminds me, I fly in a week its a good idea to start my Vit. Cs now to ward off anything floating around a plane!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jacqui! I'm glad you're son is sharing his phone with you. I like seeing you more than just a library half hour!

Hi All!!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Here in Central California, we're too tough to wear coats. You may see a few down jackets, but hardly ever see anyone wearing a coat. When I moved here from San Francisco about 50 or so years ago, I was really amazed at how people dress here. I brought with me my treasured yellow rain slicker and when I wore it I got looks like people thought I was crazy.

Geez! I don't think that's really an option when the weather gets below 0 degrees Fahrenheit on a regular basis! It was near 0 this morning with a windchill of -15.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jacqui! I'm glad you're son is sharing his phone with you. I like seeing you more than just a library half hour!

Hi All!!
It is his old phone with a cracked screen. Does not hold a signal well, so I keep having to sign back in and rewrite stuff.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That was strange...Misty was asleep on the floor in front of where I'm sitting. She jumped up and barked, pointed her nose in the air (like she was smelling) then continued to go around the room growling and pointing her nose in the air. I guess that darned ghost was up in the attic again.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Oh my goodness I've been in a constant state of stress over graduating because one of my requiremnts I did last semester as an independent study and it didn't end up where it was supposed to, and I'd been trying to contact the department head I did the study with to get it fixed and wasn't hearing back, so in a last resort effort I emailed my advisor (who turned out not to be my advisor anymore and forwarded me to the advisor they switched me to) and now its finally where its supposed to be! ... and then the department head contacts me after months of trying to contact him to schedule a meeting to fix it... wow I kind of am mad at him currently because of that all, but i'm finally at peace because I can now file my intent to graduate and will officially be able to graduate in May for sure!!!

I'm also freaking out because my advisor really messed me up and told me to take all these classes, and then when I get into the nitty gritty stuff some things are only offered during certain semesters and they are at the same time as other things so now I might not graduate in 4 years even though I've been taking more than enough classes each semester to do so -_-