Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
So I went out to the pasture this a.m. and started raking all the debris back onto my neighbor's property. Since I don't have a horse anymore, I allowed the grass to die, and I've used Round-Up and Treflan on it for two winters and summers now. So basically, it's a big field of bare dirt. While I was raking, I discovered at least 15 teeny tiny fir/pine (?) tree seedlings sprouting all over the pasture! I would like for them to grow, as pine needles are a handy nesting medium for the Manouria tortoises. But without water, I'm sure they'll die this summer. Maybe I can choose a few of them, dig rings around them and bring water occasionally.

@Jacqui - Does Jeff have a student? Maybe the student can do most of the driving?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Holy cow! Make sure he at least tries to keep the leg raised some, I hope for his sake its... wait I cant say I hope its not the driving leg because they're standards aren't they so he needs both :(
No anti-biotic ointment on such a large (and presumably deep?) cut, saline, even if its a road rash-friction burn type thing.
Sounds like it could have been much worse though and he's lucky tats all he got

He has four more hours to drive, so yep he is driving. Your right both legs are needed, it's his right ankle that is hurt. Unfortunately he is on a skinny road, so can't use his cruse control and get a break. :(

Heather H

N.E. ohio
He has four more hours to drive, so yep he is driving. Your right both legs are needed, it's his right ankle that is hurt. Unfortunately he is on a skinny road, so can't use his cruse control and get a break. :(
:(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So I went out to the pasture this a.m. and started raking all the debris back onto my neighbor's property. Since I don't have a horse anymore, I allowed the grass to die, and I've used Round-Up and Treflan on it for two winters and summers now. So basically, it's a big field of bare dirt. While I was raking, I discovered at least 15 teeny tiny fir/pine (?) tree seedlings sprouting all over the pasture! I would like for them to grow, as pine needles are a handy nesting medium for the Manouria tortoises. But without water, I'm sure they'll die this summer. Maybe I can choose a few of them, dig rings around them and bring water occasionally.

@Jacqui - Does Jeff have a student? Maybe the student can do most of the driving?
Ahh baby trees! :) They have a run to CA, so both will have to drive and drive all their allowable time. Right now, four more hours til the student's sleeper time is up.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
:( Just heard from Jeff that he fell on ice inside of a truck washout bay. His ankle is swelling, has a 3 by 5 chunk of skin off his leg and banged up his elbow.
OH! ! !

I hope he is alright! ! ! Keep him in my thought and keep us updated Jacqui!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Even if he can't, he is and will. He is stubborn like that.
Tough man! That is what is call.

Got a job to complete. Got a goal to reach. Got the bill to pay! Only thing he can to is to suck it up and get it done. May God Bless! !!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jeff only reported it, because it happened inside of a company and their employees saw it. Now he also has to talk to an investigator. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He's had a bad week. Earlier he lost his (I don't know it's real name) but it's a little box (size of a cigarette lighter about) that you attach to your laptop so you can get internet. He tore his truck apart looking for it. It never goes out of the truck.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Carl has been basking under his new lights for quite a while (taking a nap), and the top of his shell is 98 degrees Fahrenheit... is that any good?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
:( Just heard from Jeff that he fell on ice inside of a truck washout bay. His ankle is swelling, has a 3 by 5 chunk of skin off his leg and banged up his elbow.

Dislike! Poor guy! I hope he everything turns out ok. What is he doing to take care of it?