Pretend Chat 2.14

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Chores completed: gutters cleared, outdoor furniture scrubbed down ready for re-oiling, lawn cut, basketball net and post decommissioned, conservatory roof cleaned and windows made filthy by cleaning the conservatory also cleaned. It's been a busy day for the 3 of us today.

Now time to watch Andy Murray in the Queen's tennis final before our father's day barbecue this evening:)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I'm afraid I have to lean towards Jacqui on this subject. I really get tired of wading through the puns. It was cute at first, but got old quickly.

If it doesn't break a rule, I don't think anyone should dictate what anyone else posts. I can see trying to curtail it in the 'real' forum, not in the off topic area.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Chores completed: gutters cleared, outdoor furniture scrubbed down ready for re-oiling, lawn cut, basketball net and post decommissioned, conservatory roof cleaned and windows made filthy by cleaning the conservatory also cleaned. It's been a busy day for the 3 of us today.

Now time to watch Andy Murray in the Queen's tennis final before our father's day barbecue this evening:)
Rooting for Murray, of course, and save us a sausage.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK, Cameron. I see where you're going with this. After all, it is more or less the 'open' category. (But it still irritates me)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, so everyone answer me this:

I occasionally check new members' IP addresses to see where they are from. The old program we used told us the city and state. They've updated the program and now it includes city, state, country and continent. So this a.m. we got a new member from Melborne and it shows the continent as "Oceana". I thought the continent was Australia. Has it been that long since I was in school that the continents have been re-named?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

I occasionally check new members' IP addresses to see where they are from. The old program we used told us the city and state. They've updated the program and now it includes city, state, country and continent. So this a.m. we got a new member from Melborne and it shows the continent as "Oceana". I thought the continent was Australia. Has it been that long since I was in school that the continents have been re-named?

I think it's technically Australia and Oceana or something.

Speaking of, I started working on a biology course and it's not quite like I remembered. Thankfully, good ol math hasn't changed.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

It's still generally Australia, but some countries and systems use Australasia or Oceania to make it clear that various island groups are included.
All are acceptable.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think it's technically Australia and Oceana or something.

Speaking of, I started working on a biology course and it's not quite like I remembered. Thankfully, good ol math hasn't changed.
Do they still dissect animals where you are?
I've heard they stopped in the UK.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I rather think 'two a day pun limit' is far from reasonable.
But then i would wouldn't I?
Bit biased.
The problem is that playing with our native language is something that happens a lot in the UK. Puns are just part of our humour. There's no way a quota will work, but I will try to keep it under control on here :)

PS Murray just won :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
The problem is that playing with our native language is something that happens a lot in the UK. Puns are just part of our humour. There's no way a quota will work, but I will try to keep it under control on here :)

Yaaaayyyyy!
Don't forget my sausage.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

No, I don't think you need to be watchful of how you post here in this thread. It's Jacqui and my problems not yours. We will just have to learn to skim over what we don't want to read.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it's been fun, folks...but it's time for me to get a move on. I'm wasting the cooler part of the day sitting here with you all. Time to get out there and get going!!