Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Thursday November 19th is national have a bad day day. it was intended to stick it to sales clerk who wish you a nice day or have a happy day you celebrate this day by saying back to them have a bad day. I don't know seems kind of mean spirited to me you could just punch the sales clerk

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Rise and shine!!
My family is headed to MCRD (Marines) for family day with the recruits! My 18yr old nephew graduates tomorrow but we have family day first!
I'm so excited my sister and her kids will be there too!
Semper Fi!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thursday November 19th is national have a bad day day. it was intended to stick it to sales clerk who wish you a nice day or have a happy day you celebrate this day by saying back to them have a bad day. I don't know seems kind of mean spirited to me you could just punch the sales clerk

Glad none of my customers heard about this.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay I am calling it a night. Feeling really tired, so I have about a two hour date with my bed. See ya all later.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Hello! I went to the doctor for my annual today. I just had the urge to book a doctor's appt earlier this week. Turns out, my annual last year was on November 19th also. Weird, I knew it was around this time last year, but the same day, wow.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hello! I went to the doctor for my annual today. I just had the urge to book a doctor's appt earlier this week. Turns out, my annual last year was on November 19th also. Weird, I knew it was around this time last year, but the same day, wow.

So is you alive?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So far, so good. blood pressure is down from last year and good where it should be. Weight is down too (about 15 lbs), so proud of that, with my sister's wedding next week. Waiting on blood results.

That is great!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whew! what a job. When I built the plastic lattice walls around the Manouria shed area and in front of the aviary, naturally, I only had to handle the 4x8 foot sections of lattice individually, and all the associated boards singly. But putting it back up, the lattice sections were already built in 8x8 foot sections with lumber included. It was just a bit too heavy for my strength capabilities, but it's back up...just not exactly perfect. But like the farmer said to Babe, the pig, "That'll do!"

aviary e.jpg

Now I have a nice cement floored area out of the way of normal foot traffic to store some of the don't-want-to-toss or not-frequently-used items that were taking up space in the garage:

aviary c.jpg

And just over the fence into the Manouria section of the "Gazebo":

aviary d.jpg

Now the tortoises have a nice, sanitized cement feeding area (but look at that pile of cement I have to wheelbarrow over to behind the house)

(I typed this all up, added the pictures, then forgot to hit "Post Reply". I was going through all the 'chat' I hadn't read and wondering where my post was. Thank goodness with this new format the program saved your typing for you! I didn't have to do it all over again. So now I'll hit "post reply" then I'll go back and read everything you've all posted since this a.m. and comment accordingly!! :) )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I really don't like people telling me what to do - to have a nice day or whatever. I just ignore them when they say that. I imagine I'd feel about the same about a bad day wisher.

Good morning !

Hey, Mike! I had a chance to use my drill on my re-build, and at first I couldn't get the dial to point to the 'screw', but eventually, with a little force, I was able to get it where it belongs. Works fine now. I thank you and @the_newzie (did we ever learn your name?) for helping me.

Okay I am calling it a night. Feeling really tired, so I have about a two hour date with my bed. See ya all later.

This one had me pretty confused at first. I know you're back there in the cornfield and a couple hours ahead of me here under my bridge, but I was reading the post at about 7a and I really didn't think it was night time there. But I figured it out. Whew!

It's always nice to get that out of the way for another year.

Yvonne musta been busy today.

Yeah, busy but stupid (forgot to hit "post reply").

Yvonne will be back later I'm sure .

And TA DAH!!! Here she is!!!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Jared Fogle was sentenced to 12 years today looks like he'll be getting unwanted footlongs in prison .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jared Fogle was sentenced to 12 years today looks like he'll be getting unwanted footlongs in prison .

When I first heard about his situation, it made me very sad.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
scum like him should never be free again