Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I had a young gentleman come in tonight. He was buying a carton of cookies, a pretty cake and 6 roses. Of course I teased him that he was so sweet to buy me flowers. Next thing I know, he goes back and gets another 6 rose bouquet. Buys them and hands them to me. :) How sweet is that?

Turns out the other roses and the cake were for a woman he works with who had her birthday yesterday. She is from Canada and recently lost her parents, so rather a sad and lonely day for her, this why he bought her a cake and flowers.

I hope Carlos' mother knows what a fine man she has raised.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
good morning Jacqui! That was so sweet! Heading to work early for a tv segment with the pups!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I had a young gentleman come in tonight. He was buying a carton of cookies, a pretty cake and 6 roses. Of course I teased him that he was so sweet to buy me flowers. Next thing I know, he goes back and gets another 6 rose bouquet. Buys them and hands them to me. :) How sweet is that?

Turns out the other roses and the cake were for a woman he works with who had her birthday yesterday. She is from Canada and recently lost her parents, so rather a sad and lonely day for her, this why he bought her a cake and flowers.

I hope Carlos' mother knows what a fine man she has raised.
I have done that before as well. bought extra flowers for a lady who said that before.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Cold dark rooms are not conducive to good health. Not so much the dark, but the cold. You need sunlight.
Sunlight can cause cancer, dehydrate you and hurts my eyes.
Anyway, It's very warm in The Cold Dark Room.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
maybe it should be renamed?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Good morning TFO ! One more day after today that is . THE WEEKEND IS ALMOST HERE!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have done that before as well. bought extra flowers for a lady who said that before.

I use to love after Valentine's day buying all the clearanced bouquets and giving them to all the ladies in our village. Just amazing how delighted those ladies are.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have a next door lady who started trading books we have read with each other. It is fun to come upon your front yard or the gate and find a plastic bag with a couple of books. Yesterday, my gate had such a bag (but magazines this time). Inside the bag was a delightfully yummy and completely unexpected bag containing about a dozen various homemade cookies. What a treat!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*waves* Hi Yvonne! Kathy! David! Maggie! Mike! Sibi! Noel! Cameron! And the list goes on and sadly so does time. See ya later.

M

Maggie Cummings

1977 was a good year ! It's the year I was born kicking and screaming butt naked. Haha

I was dusting off an old dial phone that I have, that used to be in our house. It was installed in 1977 according to a tag on the back. Funny, I just read that tag like 2 days ago.
I am old enough to be your grandmother.....Yvonne your great gramma.....hahahaha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Everyone! We missed you yesterday, Jacqui. You hardly ever hear about the acts of kindness. Everything nowadays is about the mean things people do. What a nice young man.

Gotta go chop up today's tortoise food rations. See ya.