Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Most importantly, tuna - canned in water or oil???

I like the one canned in oil. When I was growing up we didn't have a choice. There was only the oil tuna so that's what my taste buds got used to.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't like anything with garlic. Just the smell turns me off.

M

Maggie Cummings

When you hear hoof beats, assume horses not unicorns. I wouldn't jump to attempted murder without actually evidence of such.

Why else would a person loosen the lug nuts on a hot rod whose driver has a reputation for driving fast? If I had been doing over about 50 and my general speed out our little hiway is about 80, I would have had a serious accident. If I head-on'ed a semi, I'd be dead. If I had head on'ed a Prius all in the plastic car would be dead. As it was I'm lucky I was stuck in our version of rush hour traffic. It was obvious the lug nuts had been loosened, first they had to cut off the wheel lock, then they used pliers or something like that to loosen the nuts, all to the same thread. All 5 came off at the same time. I kept 2 lanes of bumper to bumper cars waiting while I walked around and picked up my lug nuts. Then I spun a donut to turn into the correct direction and burned a good one getting out of the street. The cops wouldn't come to the scene even tho a replacement wheel is $450 making it a felony. I wash my car every Saturday, wax it once a month and use an electric buffer on it after the wax. It was immaculate. I could even see big greasy fingerprints on the fender. But would the cops come out? Nope, they called it vandalism. They said the fingerprints could have belonged to anyone. I said, nope, people aren't allowed to touch my car, I'm a lot OCD about it. Nope, so now I drive what used to be a beautiful 28 year old car to having a drunk ruin my right side and I only have 3 matching wheels, so I drive what is known in California as a hooptie. Think I'll go have a drink and go to bed.....the whole subject makes me murderous.
and solid white albacore in water for me, sweet pickles.....

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Hey Maggie I changed my screen name! I just thought I would let you know lol how's that??

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey Maggie I changed my screen name! I just thought I would let you know lol how's that??

I'm the one who changed it for you, and I still didn't know who the heck cmac3 was! I searched all over the place checking IPs, old posts and threads. I'd just about given up when I noticed your signature!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, we had our first frost finally. This event usually occurs by the end of October. I checked the temp at about 6a and it was 38F, but there was a light dusting of frost on the roof. It didn't quite reach the ground. But br-r-r-r it's cold in here. After my trip into town I'm going to have to bring up some kindling.

Gymtimpro

Pleasant Gap Pa
Hay guys I am looking for anyone who would be interested in buying my GoPro HERO4 sliver working with a black case (touchscreen and Bluetooth 4k hd videos and 1080 videos at 60fps ) message me at [email protected] or message my account.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I never knew what the weather in the UK was like until I joined this forum. I thought it was just cold and rainy, but come to find out you even have tornadoes and hurricanes! Well, we can commiserate. I'm cold. I don't like being cold.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I'm the one who changed it for you, and I still didn't know who the heck cmac3 was! I searched all over the place checking IPs, old posts and threads. I'd just about given up when I noticed your signature!

Cmac is my nickname and #3 is the number I always wore in sports. It was on my Ring this year when I got inducted to the Mens softball hall of fame in Kansas.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Well, we had our first frost finally. This event usually occurs by the end of October. I checked the temp at about 6a and it was 38F, but there was a light dusting of frost on the roof. It didn't quite reach the ground. But br-r-r-r it's cold in here. After my trip into town I'm going to have to bring up some kindling.
We still haven't had a frost but tomorrow night its getting down into the 20's, after 82 yesterday. Hope the turtles dig in today.

M

Maggie Cummings

You're bad! I knew cmac3 was you.......one of my few friends here, so I actually paid attention. Lacey changed her name too, but I thought it was an enemy of hers because I thought it read "used to 'work for' "LaDuke Photo
If you imagine when we started really using computers. My only screen name has been maggie3fan, since then I AM maggie3fan, That's me.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
You're bad! I knew cmac3 was you.......one of my few friends here, so I actually paid attention. Lacey changed her name too, but I thought it was an enemy of hers because I thought it read "used to 'work for' "LaDuke Photo
If you imagine when we started really using computers. My only screen name has been maggie3fan, since then I AM maggie3fan, That's me.
and I'm a Maggie3fan too! someone also cleaned up my response to you, I used the word from your other quote...lol

M

Maggie Cummings

Cmac is my nickname and #3 is the number I always wore in sports. It was on my Ring this year when I got inducted to the Mens softball hall of fame in Kansas.

Softball king huh! I have friends up the street who have an Australian Shepherd, I adore her, so I went up to play with her yesterday, and threw the ball so hard I knocked myself down in the mud. I never could throw correctly......of course, everyone was laughing at me, so I started throwing mud at them, and there we went. It was really fun, but we made a terrible mess and it was 40 degrees or so, so I ran to a warm shower. Tracked mud throughout the house. What a day. Sometimes you can have fun like that messy stuff without expecting it. And everyone of the group was over 40. You'da thought we were all kids. It really was fun, cold but fun

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I've played all over this country for a long time. I just recently slowed down. Here I was in 2004 on a magazine cover. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1479486327.310625.jpg

Now torts and the family take up my time.