Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
So whatcha' all doing today? Here in the U.S. it's Martin Luther King day and a holiday. It's also overcast and a tiny bit foggy. I've brought up a wheelbarrow load of firewood to sit by the front door out of the rain, fed the tortoises and cleaned up after them, fed the cats, picked up after Misty and now I'm ready to veg out.

@maggie18fan : if you get a chance could you take a couple pictures of the big kitty you've adopted. . . pictures that show his size in comparison with a regularly viewed object. The head shot you put up on the "what do you look like" thread shows a pretty darned nice-lookin' cat, but you can't really judge his size. I think you said he's Norwegian Forest/Maine Coon? I would LOVE to have a cat like that!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Don't tempt me. His name is Simon, he's only 6, declawed and very affectionate. He's bigger than a beagle. I'm cookin right now (yeah, I know weird huh), so I'll take some after I eat...Big Sam015.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
My day was Virginia Lobby Day 2020. 10 hours of exhausting nothing thank goodness!

If you were there for the reasons I suspect, thank you. We go to Oregon's capital, Salem, on Feb 6th...
#TIMBERUNITY

but, if you were were there for the 'other side' oops...:)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Well I have another skin cancer on my face scheduled to be removed in February. I must have cancer running all through just under the skin and erupting every so often. This makes about the 5th or 6th one I've had removed. That plus all the old lady warts, I've got a pretty ugly face! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

I bet yours is caused from all the years you spent working and building things outside in the Fresno sun. I have had 3 on my face probably from all those years of riding motorcycles...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
So whatcha' all doing today? Here in the U.S. it's Martin Luther King day and a holiday. It's also overcast and a tiny bit foggy. I've brought up a wheelbarrow load of firewood to sit by the front door out of the rain, fed the tortoises and cleaned up after them, fed the cats, picked up after Misty and now I'm ready to veg out.

@maggie18fan : if you get a chance could you take a couple pictures of the big kitty you've adopted. . . pictures that show his size in comparison with a regularly viewed object. The head shot you put up on the "what do you look like" thread shows a pretty darned nice-lookin' cat, but you can't really judge his size. I think you said he's Norwegian Forest/Maine Coon? I would LOVE to have a cat like that!

Well...I set off to get some photos of Simon...I'm thinking he's not too fond of the camera...lol...I'll try again when he gets over being irritated with me...
First is Smokey, he's 13 lbs...oh, the pillow is a queen...then Simon...he's 33 lbs and 2.5 ft long from nose to base of tail. His coat is long and he is a perfect tuxedo...
030.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 008.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@bouaboua - I hope you're not near the area where that bad rinovirus is killing people. Please stop in every so often so we know you're ok.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh my gosh! Have you all see the choices we now have in the emoji department?

????????⏰⚔:tort:?? to name just a few! I looked for one that would simulate Jaizei, but there are too many to sort through.

It's drizzly outside, I'm lazy and the kittens won't allow me to work at my desk and get my tax stuff in order, so I'm wasting time here. Most of you are NOT on the computer to waste time with me.

Misty 01-04-13.jpgPatch 11-23-19 b.jpgpatch and fusty 1-14-20.JPG

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hello all, miss me? (There’s a thread that says y’all don’t but here I am anyway ?)
Ignore Franklins mess, I got him new mulch I just need to wait until I actually have time to change it all out over the weekend.9587462A-D824-4FCF-8F76-BFF0FFA96A48.jpeg30F38DE5-D7CC-43EE-ABB1-0C5F31EDB96F.jpeg04E21A9D-493A-4013-96FB-525C49D8CD4F.jpeg10D86C3A-33C0-48F6-A824-8922486C05EF.jpeg3395BE0B-301B-4E65-84C1-1BFA53939E8B.jpegCFFA7943-D94E-4DBB-AE78-B36C2A11C6FE.jpeg

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hey there...I missed ya. Thx for the pictures...Love the sleeping position...
He doesn’t fit in his log anymore, but he’s had it since 2012 when he came to live with me and still loves it and actually sleeps like that often, or full starfish on his food dish.
the plants are a few of my bigger jobs at work they’ve been keeping me busy keeping these plants alive.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello all, miss me? (There’s a thread that says y’all don’t but here I am anyway ?)
Ignore Franklins mess, I got him new mulch I just need to wait until I actually have time to change it all out over the weekend.View attachment 285598View attachment 285600View attachment 285601View attachment 285602View attachment 285604View attachment 285605
Heck yeah, we miss you, Sarah!!!!! It's just been so long since you lasted posted that I didn't go back far enough to catch those names that have been missing. What the heck's been going on with you? I love that poinsettia tree. Did you do that or did you buy it that way?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm having an out of town house guest this week-end, so I've cleaned out all the tortoise sheds, vacuumed all the carpets and washed the kitchen floor. The doll room (read guest room) and crystal shining bathroom have been tidied and cleaned with clean sheets on the bed. My back aches!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
@bouaboua - I hope you're not near the area where that bad rinovirus is killing people. Please stop in every so often so we know you're ok.
Hello Yvonne:

I'm back in US today and I spend most of my days in Taiwan which is pretty safe and only have 10 cases which that I call "Cervezavirus" or Coronavirus. I ware face mask at all times special when I travel. Thank you for thinking of me. I'm grateful to have a friend like you My Love.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I'm so ready for the weekend and you???