Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Jan, we're friends and you know that I'm the eternal optimist and it honestly feels like; "Just another year of ignoring the News". LOL

Let's go in order;
People I've worked with for 5 years have never seen me sick
Kerry (many of you know of)has never seen me sick in ten years
Peg(1st wife) hasn't seen me sick......ever and we met in '78

Going back further....none of my 3 older sisters ever remember me being sick...........either did my mom or dad.

Yeah, even with that little lung issue I have, not too worried.......apparently, cigarettes not Kryptonite is the only thing that can slow Superman's roll!

Thanks for our little friends, who have helped me make big friends here!

Happy New Year Jan & everyone else too..............

(ps, I admit, I was scared to open a thread with over 5000 pages cause I don't chat, I write...sry guys!!!!)
Well, you did it now. Jeff has let the 'sickness' cat out of the bag. Stay tuned for @jeff kushner to suffer his first sick days in over 10 years!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Jan, we're friends and you know that I'm the eternal optimist and it honestly feels like; "Just another year of ignoring the News". LOL

Let's go in order;
People I've worked with for 5 years have never seen me sick
Kerry (many of you know of)has never seen me sick in ten years
Peg(1st wife) hasn't seen me sick......ever and we met in '78

Going back further....none of my 3 older sisters ever remember me being sick...........either did my mom or dad.

Yeah, even with that little lung issue I have, not too worried.......apparently, cigarettes not Kryptonite is the only thing that can slow Superman's roll!

Thanks for our little friends, who have helped me make big friends here!

Happy New Year Jan & everyone else too..............

(ps, I admit, I was scared to open a thread with over 5000 pages cause I don't chat, I in write...sry guys!!!!)
And Jeff, I wish you extra good health now that you have jinxed yourself. I have good health, considering what I've been thru in the last couple of yrs. I'm just not as optimistic as you are about everything that's going down.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Oh God, don't say that guys!

I don't think that I can't get sick, that would be silly and quite delusional so today, I get my 1st(of how many???) booster. We have a bit of snow so I'll;

"work from home today"

I love that concept....how come we never got industry to get with it before covid?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh God, don't say that guys!

I don't think that I can't get sick, that would be silly and quite delusional so today, I get my 1st(of how many???) booster. We have a bit of snow so I'll;

"work from home today"

I love that concept....how come we never got industry to get with it before covid?
My guess is the commercial leasing business & corporations renting large portions of office space. And the technology wasn't there yet to allow people to work from home & participate remotely in meetings, etc.

Can you imagine what will happen if corporations no longer lease vast amounts of office space in these big commercial complexes? The more tenants you have with smaller office spaces, the bigger the headaches the leasing managers have, not to mention security problems.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Anybody have any plans they are working on for the next year? New enclosure, new animal, new kid, vacation, ect..,

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Anybody have any plans they are working on for the next year? New enclosure, new animal, new kid, vacation, ect..,

i need to start working on my 'to eat' list

maybe kiwi pizza in February

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
i need to start working on my 'to eat' list

maybe kiwi pizza in February
Actually that is an ingredient on what some call a fruit pizza and they're good ? it's usually a really large pizza pan sized sugar cookie with cream cheese spead on it. Then slices of kiwi, strawberries, and whatever fruit you want.... disguised as pizza ? yum ?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Did you ever get busy on making those cathedral ceilings?

I'm 99% not gonna do the ceilings. If someone offers me a stupid amount of money I might sell it so I dont want to do anything that'll take too long.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm 99% not gonna do the ceilings. If someone offers me a stupid amount of money I might sell it so I dont want to do anything that'll take too long.
How 'bout the kitchen? Did you get that up and running?

(inquiring minds want to know!)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Actually that is an ingredient on what some call a fruit pizza and they're good ? it's usually a really large pizza pan sized sugar cookie with cream cheese spead on it. Then slices of kiwi, strawberries, and whatever fruit you want.... disguised as pizza ? yum ?
That sounds like it might be good

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That counts in my book! We just got a new house this fall and it came with a gutted kitchen. I missed my microwave.
Oh no!?? So you've moved? after all the work you did on tortoise yards?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh no!?? So you've moved? after all the work you did on tortoise yards?
Getting this place was sorta a spur of the moment thing. Lol. My old house needs lots of work and that's hard to do with a zoo living there. So we are living in this house, while working on the old. Of course this house was an empty shell that nobody lived in for years and just around the corner from the old house. So have had to do a ton of work here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is Jeff working more locally now, or still 'across the road' trucking?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jeff quit Prime in March (?) and now drives local for a company who hauls for dairies. He is home most nights and loves it.
Well, that's great! I'm so glad to hear that. So no more being a trucker widow for you, huh? The tortoises still at the old house? Is it safe for them with you not there?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well, that's great! I'm so glad to hear that. So no more being a trucker widow for you, huh? The tortoises still at the old house? Is it safe for them with you not there?
They are in this house. It took so long to get the paperwork done on the new house, I was starting to worry that they would all be wintered in the old house. Can't imagine two huge heating bills. Uggghhh

I started moving plants in the day we got the keys. Tortoises started coming over the day the electricity was half way done. We had a new meter put in. Then had all wiring replaced. The attic wiring ended up being all chewed up by the coons. Even had a dead coon up there. Yuck.