Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
They are in this house. It took so long to get the paperwork done on the new house, I was starting to worry that they would all be wintered in the old house. Can't imagine two huge heating bills. Uggghhh

I started moving plants in the day we got the keys. Tortoises started coming over the day the electricity was half way done. We had a new meter put in. Then had all wiring replaced. The attic wiring ended up being all chewed up by the coons. Even had a dead coon up there. Yuck.
I hope you've now dealt with how the racoons were getting into the attic? Hate to see you have to replace more wiring. But it must feel pretty safe with all new wiring! I worry about the wiring here in my house. It was built during a time when "they" were using aluminum wiring, and I don't know if that's what I've got or not.

No wonder you've been missing here for so long. You've been a pretty busy gal. Please tell Jeff I said "hi." Sounds like he's beat the big C, huh?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hope you've now dealt with how the racoons were getting into the attic? Hate to see you have to replace more wiring. But it must feel pretty safe with all new wiring! I worry about the wiring here in my house. It was built during a time when "they" were using aluminum wiring, and I don't know if that's what I've got or not.

No wonder you've been missing here for so long. You've been a pretty busy gal. Please tell Jeff I said "hi." Sounds like he's beat the big C, huh?
Yep, we blocked the coon hole immediately. Some time this week the siding comes and then they will putting it on, so another layer of blockage. Jeff replaced wiring bit by bit in the old house and added a bunch because of tortoise stuff. This time we had a real electrician do it. Along with the coon chewing, downstairs had a lot of questionable stuff done before.

Jeff still is on his daily chemo pill and will always be on it. His cancer never leaves, just takes a rest.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yep, we blocked the coon hole immediately. Some time this week the siding comes and then they will putting it on, so another layer of blockage. Jeff replaced wiring bit by bit in the old house and added a bunch because of tortoise stuff. This time we had a real electrician do it. Along with the coon chewing, downstairs had a lot of questionable stuff done before.

Jeff still is on his daily chemo pill and will always be on it. His cancer never leaves, just takes a rest.
My daughter has a cancer like that. Some form of lymph cancer that's slow growing, but not curable. She just lives with it and has the occasional infusion of some sort of chemical that supposedly keeps it growing slowly.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My daughter has a cancer like that. Some form of lymph cancer that's slow growing, but not curable. She just lives with it and has the occasional infusion of some sort of chemical that supposedly keeps it growing slowly.
Here's hoping it continues very very slowly until they find a cure.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
oooooh look at that bright puppy face.....!!

My Owners manual for my '66 VW told me how to adjust the valves in the engine by releasing the locknut and turning the screw to set, measured by using the feeler gauge till it just slid in.....you guys remember.

The owners manual in my new truck warns the owner not to drink the contents of the battery

Wow!

That isn't "because of lawyers", it's because of "stupid". Lawyers simply take advantage of stupid.

Holy Mary, Mother of God.....make some popcorn!

This sure is fun to watch!

PS. .....Oh yeah, (looking up) thanks Mom & Dad....for raising us to think.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Haven't you said before that when you got the solar panels, they upgraded the electric panel? If they didn't mention aluminum wiring then, that might suggest you don't have it. I'd think they would have noted existing aluminum wiring for liability purposes.

Ditto for that outlet you had burn up; if you had an electrician fix it, if there was aluminum wiring they should have said something about it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Haven't you said before that when you got the solar panels, they upgraded the electric panel? If they didn't mention aluminum wiring then, that might suggest you don't have it. I'd think they would have noted existing aluminum wiring for liability purposes.

Ditto for that outlet you had burn up; if you had an electrician fix it, if there was aluminum wiring they should have said something about it.
Sounds reasonable. I guess I can quit stressing about that then!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I got some great news this morning! Maybe the end of the week or start of next, we may be getting a water hookup.

A couple of years back, the government decided that our water system was not good enough, though the entire village liked it. So we had to get a new system with new hookups and meters (and triple bills) Of course we had to use one of the government approved companies whom did a lousy job with leaks everywhere even though it's not really hooked up. They took the money and ran. So the entire process is starting over.

The house we bought was vacant, so didn't have to get hooked into the system. Once we bought it, we had to be added in. It has been months in the process, but finally we may be getting water and not by one gallon jugs.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is this one of your care takers. . .cute, buddy!
That's Rocco. He was my husband's truckdog and is now one of the house gang. Rocco never barked, when in the semi. My chihuahuas have changed that.

Rocco's early life was filled with several owners and several returns to the shelter. From his behavior, I think he lived on the streets for awhile.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi everyone.

Has anyone heard from @AZtortMom, whom I have not "seen" at TFO for ages, so as to say. If so, please let me know. Thanks.