Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Living in a cave, as I do, when I read an above post from someone wishing us all a happy VD, my first thought was, "I wonder why they would want us all to have a venereal disease?"

Oh, right...Valentine's Day!

276283oeknvz7m8i.gif

1295166wmsljq387k.gif

344094vncfa1r88m.gif

1022359w7ga5sam34.gif

924148on167wvi2r.gif

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Yvonne,
A question about Misty. So Ava is about 2-1/2 yrs. and she is, and has always been, a mindless whiner. My question is, is Misty I whiner?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Good morning all Happy Valentines day. I thought I'd pop in and see how my like minded pals were. I've had a super stressful morning so my heart has been cranky and I'm nauseated from trying to manage the stressors and my hearts reaction. More issues with a different etcher at my sons school. My ex's new live in is apparently force feeding my 13 yr old son (he will be 13 tomorrow) so that was upsetting.... And my 2 big kids loaded up on sugar at their dads and were acting like little crazy people this morning when he dropped them off. I kind of chewed his butt out for it and he agreed that he watched our daughter go from normal to nutty after eating cheesecake. :0/
Um duh, so stop letting them load up on trash!
Ok, so that's all barf worthy. On to tortles and happy things!
So I have a 2 yr old. 29 months actually. And she is super smart. So smart that people are telling me I should contact Mensa and have her tested. Isn't 29 months too young to test? I mean, 2 year olds aren't exactly compliant little people LOL.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Jacqui said:
Why is she force feeding him?

Because he didn't want to eat anymore. Apparently after school snacks aren't optional with this new live in girlfriend of my ex's. I have news for her, they are MY kids and she will treat them with human decency and respect or there will be problems. I will stop dropping them off after school and instead I'll make their dad come get them when he gets off work to avoid force fed snacks or alone time with her. I haven't even met her! My ex is an idiot though so he probably doesn't think it's that big of a deal. They are old enough to regulate their food intake without an adult forcing food into their mouths. Unfortunately they are picky kids. Especially my son, so I always insist they take a single bite of everything I prepare. But I don't make force food. They won't starve themselves for crying out loud. My son had a weight increase from spending too much time with his dad and I finally have his weight normal again by eating paleo when he is at home and school. I can't control what he eats at his dads though unfortunately. So the kids eat a lot of crap over there. And that's one thing...but force feeding a huge 13 yr old boy is ridiculous.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Cowboy_Ken said:
AZtortMom said:

Howdy Chainsaw!!!
Here's a fun one for you, my high school guidance counselor had, at one time, rolled for the Thunderbirds.

That's pretty cool [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I love vintage roller derby. It has changed so much

You are right Jacqui. I miss my friend. We worked together as flight attendants too so we had a blast. The passengers loved us together [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Did you just offhandedly suggest in old? Funin you. But when she said you were a slacker and needed to be in class, you can bet you got there on time! She once broke a students finger. When he was walking away, he flipped her the bird over his shoulder, and she hooked it and twisted it. Snap. Oh the good ole days when a a teacher could teach respect and still keep a job. Hahaha

Hey!!! Where did everyone go?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Whats up Ken! My wife is a derby girl . She sk8 ' s for a team here in Houston . Gotta love them short shorts!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Howdy Mike. I'm a little punch drunk right now. I work graveyard and I'm still up just planning on taking cat naps so I can spend time with Karen like a real human this evening.
Pretend chat 2 needed to be closed do to malfunctions.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
It was taking forever to load and it wouldn't flip to the new page automatically. At least for me.

I FINALLY found dandelion greens at the new grocery store I checked out this morning! Whoooo! I've been looking all over creation for them.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I never thought they were sold as greens in a grocery store until I read here that someone bought some.

I am just waiting (im)patiently for all the grass in my mother in law's front yard to come back up along with all the glorious weeds. Then I can stop buying expensive grocery store greens :p

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G said:
Living in a cave, as I do, when I read an above post from someone wishing us all a happy VD, my first thought was, "I wonder why they would want us all to have a venereal disease?"

Oh, right...Valentine's Day!

276283oeknvz7m8i.gif

1295166wmsljq387k.gif

344094vncfa1r88m.gif

1022359w7ga5sam34.gif

924148on167wvi2r.gif

Your so crazy! Funny also!

Cowboy_Ken said:
Howdy Mike. I'm a little punch drunk right now. I work graveyard and I'm still up just planning on taking cat naps so I can spend time with Karen like a real human this evening.
Pretend chat 2 needed to be closed do to malfunctions.

I know the filling . Worked a swing shift for 5 years . 12 hours on 4 days a week on days then 4 days off then 4 days on nights then 5 days off . My son is working for N.O. V. Nights but he loves it .

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I have to tell ya the people watching in the airport is pretty awesome. Just saying..

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
AZtortMom said:
I have to tell ya the people watching in the airport is pretty awesome. Just saying..

Airports are one of the best places to people watch. All sorts of people from every walk of life.

My other favorite place is Disney. Lots of different people there too. Also super fun to see all the families and your groups that are all wearing the exact same shirt :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AZtortMom said:

I know. :D I did some of that a couple of weeks ago... :D

Barista5261 said:
It was taking forever to load

This new one does not for me load any faster then the old one... just sayin'. :p :D

Barista5261 said:
I FINALLY found dandelion greens at the new grocery store I checked out this morning! Whoooo! I've been looking all over creation for them.

Does it feel weird to be buying, I mean actually paying money for weeds that most folks pay money to kill? :D

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Jacqui said:
Does it feel weird to be buying, I mean actually paying money for weeds that most folks pay money to kill? :D

Yep sure does. The only pesticide free lawn I have access to is currently dead/dormant. But when it comes back, it will be slam full of lush weeds [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I did feel weird buying them, but I am still trying to find foods my torts haven't had yet to vary their diet. The sooner I can get them dandelions, the better [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] granted, they have not met a food they did not INHALE yet [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] guess that's one thing I lucked out with with how backwards the pet store started them out.