Pretend Chat 2.14

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I bought a bunch of dandelion so that we could eat them too. Oddly enough they are really good cooked. I love most greens so I wasn't surprised they were good hahaha. I have no weeds in my yard so I asked my neighbor if I could swipe weeds from her side yard. She of course was like sure! Hahahaha. She has mostly sow thistle smooth and thorny varieties and chickweed. Some clover and some inedible crap but there are some dandelions. I need to go prickly pair hunting. They are all over the place in south Texas. I guess I need a little portable blow torch to burnt the thorns off. I really don't want to be findings those all over the place :0/

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
No kidding huh Jacqui?! Like someone carrying torts? :D [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Have you gotten to the stage yet, where your out harvesting weeds the folks seeing you look at you like your nuts?

AZtortMom said:
No kidding huh Jacqui?! Like someone carrying torts? :D [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Hey ya know, as a matter of fact there was this tall red haired lady with some in these two clear plastic totes that day. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cowboy_Ken said:
Yvonne,
A question about Misty. So Ava is about 2-1/2 yrs. and she is, and has always been, a mindless whiner. My question is, is Misty I whiner?

Misty is very vocal, but she doesn't whine. If she wants to go outside (I have to go with her, so I sometimes just sit there watching TV and ignore her) she'll go to the hallway then come back and stand in the middle of the room and look at me. Then she'll go to the hallway, then come stand in the middle of the room and look at me. After several times, if this has failed to get me out of my chair, she'll go to the hallway and stand there looking towards the back door and yip. There's just no ignoring her.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Oh yes. My neighbors think I'm completely crazy. But this is a good thing. Keeps me from having to be all social when I don't want to be hahahaha.
I use fb to find the cool, not up-right people in my neighborhood and associate with them from time to time instead. You would not believe the crazy drama that can come from a neighborhood group page. Bunch a crazy entitled people thinking they live in the frippin' hamptons, driving bently's. Nope. Weirdos lol. I kid you not there is a couple in my area who actually told the rest of the neighborhood that their personal emergencies are more important than everyone else's children's and pets safety. Whattttt theeeee mcfuzzle? They speed and say it's ok because "it's an emergency". Um no. Drive the speed limit or less and follow the laws like everyone else, dbags. I am that annoying person who turns I to a neighborhood and starts driving 10-15 UNDER the speed limit out of respect for my neighbors. Kids and pets don't have a good understanding of speed and momentum. Or if they can be seen. That particular couple is without friends after that mess LOL.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
AZtortMom said:
I have to tell ya the people watching in the airport is pretty awesome. Just saying..

I love to people-watch. And truth to tell, the airport is the best place to do it. Who needs to bring a book to pass the time when there are so many wierd, funky, strange and downright silly-looking people to watch.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
@Elohi - you can always petition to have speed bumps put in your neighborhood. That'll force them to slow down or mess up the underside of their fancy cars :p

Also with the prickly pear cactus, I do believe you can pull the needles out with a pair of pliers. It is my understanding that is possible in theory, seeing as how I have yet to get my hands on this elusive cactus :p

tort_luv_5055

New York (USA)
So I was sitting here eating my pasta, when all of a sudden I hear this SUPER annoying noise, like a faint buzzing. It wouldn't go away. I stood up and started walking around, looking for where it was coming from. My first thought was a smoke detector , but it wasn't that. So I looked in the tortoise tank, and kid you not, about fifteen ladybugs were flying around in there! The buzzing was the wings on the glass! I realized that they must have had a nest in there and then the heat and humidity woke them up! Crazy right? I couldn't get a picture, but it was pretty amazing. The tortoise had a few on his shell under the basking light, he didn't seem to mind. After a little bit I shooed them all out, but it was really neat.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Barista5261 said:
@Elohi - you can always petition to have speed bumps put in your neighborhood. That'll force them to slow down or mess up the underside of their fancy cars :p

Also with the prickly pear cactus, I do believe you can pull the needles out with a pair of pliers. It is my understanding that is possible in theory, seeing as how I have yet to get my hands on this elusive cactus :p

The pads I just burn off over the stove burner. Trying to get them all out with a pliers sounds like a lot of work... and for me, at lot of chances of getting those darn little needle hairy things into my hands.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken said:
Howdy Mike. I'm a little punch drunk right now. I work graveyard and I'm still up just planning on taking cat naps so I can spend time with Karen like a real human this evening.
Pretend chat 2 needed to be closed do to malfunctions.

""Real"" human. Aka semi nocturnal tortoise rancher...

Sounds normal to me.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I just woke up. I am groggy! Hoping I'm not grumpy from bring tired.
So here's a question I just thought of. When my daughter was a tiny baby, 25 yrs ago, we had a baby bath that was like a giant paint roller tray. Are those still sold? I was thinking as a buried water deal out for the big kids.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I dont think so Ken. But I remember those. You can use one of those things that go under plant pots. They sell really big ones. Burry it and it should work.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like taking the tops of the outside trash cans and sink those down. I have been using one for four or five years on my bigger boyz and it has held up.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Currently I use a think black rubber horse feed tray. It's of a good size, I was just liking the ramp idea. I'll have to check out Goodwill next time I'm in town and I'm not being a vampire.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, man...do I ever feel old. Today, besides being Valentine's Day, is my daughter's wedding anniversary. So I called her to wish her a happy day, and I asked how many years she's been married now.

32!!!

I actually have a daughter that has been married for 32 years! Oh, woe is me.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne G said:
Oh, man...do I ever feel old. Today, besides being Valentine's Day, is my daughter's wedding anniversary. So I called her to wish her a happy day, and I asked how many years she's been married now.

32!!!

Your still a spring chicken. :D

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui said:
Yvonne G said:

32!!!

Your still a spring chicken. :D

Maybe she feels a bit like a Summer or Fall chicken now a days.