Pretend Chat 2.14

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Oh boy! Glad you are ok! [FLUSHED FACE] Yvonne that smarts for sure! I'm getting outside and taking a stroll around Tempe town lake. It's suppose to be almost 90 today. I can't wait until the kids are big and I can take them down here for walks. They already get a lot of attention when they are in the front yard. Cars stop and passer-bys stop and want to pet them.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Totally got busted taking pics of my dream car! Guy started to drive away hee hee!ImageUploadedByTortForum1392493492.621956.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1392493509.611479.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G said:
As you may have heard, the President came to our town yesterday. I must admit, that THAT fact didn't move me at all, however, when I saw pictures on the news that Fresnans took of Air Force 1 flying over our city, and coming in for a landing at our airport, it nearly brought a tear to my eye. Can you imagine? Air Force 1 landed at MY airport!!! One picture that really got to me was one a gal took of the airplane as it passed over the roof of her house on low approach.

That is really cool:)

bouaboua said:
Good Morning! ! ! ! ! !

Sleep much better on my own bed.

I will third this :)

AZtortMom said:
Totally got busted taking pics of my dream car! Guy started to drive away hee hee!

That thing is nice

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
AHHHHHH!!!!!!! THE LIGHT!

Erm. I mean Good Morning... umm... Afternoon.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi Tiff *waves* it feels so good to sleep in :D

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Yvonne G said:
I was chopping up greens for babies this a.m. and got a bit too close to the heel of my hand, chopping off a slice of skin. Didn't bleed or hurt for quite a while. I guess it was in shock thinking I was so stupid! By the time I got all the tape and gauze and medications accumulated it was bleeding like a son of a gun, and hurt? Oh my! I now have a good excuse to stay indoors and play with my stamp collection!

Your collecting stamps now!?! How's that puppy of yours?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend Chat 2.14

AZtortMom said:

I was up at 8, then threw up, then slept in until 12.
Something didn't agree with my stomach last night, and attempted to be let up 6 times.
Anywho, *waves back* :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Yuck [DISAPPOINTED FACE]food poising is no fun. I hope you feel better..

Kerryann, I'm hoping after I pay my Jeep off in 13 months I can start saving money to buy one of those babies * fingers crossed*

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ijmccollum said:
Yvonne G said:
Oh my! I now have a good excuse to stay indoors and play with my stamp collection!

Your collecting stamps now!?! How's that puppy of yours?

Hi Anita:

Did I tell you that I have a new puppy? :p Misty is doing just great. We haven't undergone intensive training, but just going through the day-to-day living, she is picking up quite a bit of obedience. She will 'sit,' 'stay,' wait for me to go out the door first, 'leave it,' search out and find tortoise eggs, especially rotten ones (so far I haven't been able to un-train her of that). I just love this dog. I'm SO happy that I got her.

Yes, one of our members here gave me his father's stamp collection to add to my collection. I have collected since the '70's and Stephen's dad's collection started way before that, so it is a welcome addition to mine. However, his collection is slightly different from mine. I mainly collected First Day Covers and plate numbered blocks of four commemoratives. While Stephen's dad's collection includes foreign stamps and cancelled stamps. I spent a lot of time yesterday on Amazon.com looking at philatelic collecting supplies and 'beginner' books (spent some $$$ too!). Do you collect stamps?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
tffnytorts said:
AZtortMom said:

Something didn't agree with my stomach last night, and attempted to be let up 6 times.

Wait that sounds like my night.. only it wasn't the food that got me :rolleyes:. Mike wasn't mad at all at me today. I still managed to get all of my stuffs done today and didn't have the hang over too badly.

AZtortMom said:

Kerryann, I'm hoping after I pay my Jeep off in 13 months I can start saving money to buy one of those babies * fingers crossed*

You can never have enough toys. :D

What is this paying off a jeep thing? i thought you never pay one off, you just keep upgrading the one you have. ;) We have two jeeps. One is a garage queen but both are pretty much trailer queens. Mine is the queenier of the two of course.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
LOL! "queenier".

*sighs* I have yet to eat anything solid, which is giving me a headache. But if I eat, I'm afraid its just going to come back up. If I'm not better by tomorrow then we're officially behind on the heated house build.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I ate half of one, drank some of the rescue tortoise's pedialyte, (don't tell her) and then was good. Headache didn't really subside though.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Kerryann said:
tffnytorts said:
AZtortMom said:

Wait that sounds like my night.. only it wasn't the food that got me :rolleyes:. Mike wasn't mad at all at me today. I still managed to get all of my stuffs done today and didn't have the hang over too badly.

AZtortMom said:

You can never have enough toys. :D

What is this paying off a jeep thing? i thought you never pay one off, you just keep upgrading the one you have. ;) We have two jeeps. One is a garage queen but both are pretty much trailer queens. Mine is the queenier of the two of course.

Yeah no kidding! This pay off is so the bank stops asking for a monthly payment so I can upgrade more [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Ha! I was up attempting not to vomit. Reading and posting occupies me. I laid on the couch all day (after 10, after I fed the torts and moody rabbit).

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Today must be vomit day... Ellie (the dog) had diarrhea, then ate it, then projectile vomited it out of her crate. So I got to bleach mop the walls/floor... >.<

She's going to the vet soon, but I'm not paying the ER vet cost tonight since she's fine other than that incident.

On a less disgusting note, I ordered some baby shower items for a friend here (who also has a tort) and I've ordered a set of burp cloths that have turtles, a plush turtle rattle, and one of those turtle star projectors that fascinate babies/toddlers. Have to start the next turtle/tortoise loving generation early ;)

I'm planning on finding some cute turtle socks/hat and probably making a fleecey blanket too in addition to getting a few nighttime story reading books. Not buying diapers since sometimes babies are born between sizes and I'm sure family will send them enough gift cards to buy those.

Anyone else with kids have any "must have" baby shower gift ideas? Preferably cheaper than strollers/car seats/cribs but still useful?

After the baby is born we'll probably bring them a few freezer meals to help but they aren't having an actual baby shower and I just wanted to give them somewhat of that experience being their first child and all.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well looks like you all were on good behavior while I was gone all day. My ex and I drove down to Wichita, KS to pick up a Squirtle and meet his lovely family. It was in the 50s right? Well guess what they already had going around their block? One of those trucks whose dinging bells brings cildren running for a popscile (sp?) or other frozen delight. They told me one of those treats is now going for $3!! :0

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Ooo! *raising hand* I don't have kids, but I know a diaper Genie is always a great gift

Jacqui said:
Well looks like you all were on good behavior while I was gone all day. My ex and I drove down to Wichita, KS to pick up a Squirtle and meet his lovely family. It was in the 50s right? Well guess what they already had going around their block? One of those trucks whose dinging bells brings cildren running for a popscile (sp?) or other frozen delight. They told me one of those treats is now going for $3!! :0

I can NEVER guarantee that [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Yep, the ice cream man is a greedy jerk these days [POUTING FACE]

I do not have any biological children of my own yet, but something that comes to mind is a baby first aid kit for your expectant tort friend [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] I have bought a few for various baby showers I've gone to. Johnson and Johnson make one that has baby nail clippers, mitts so they don't scratch themselves, and various other ointments and such.