Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Cowboy_Ken said:
A new chat? Well this is a novel corse of action. Where is all the drama I'm reading about? I have wonder conversations with myself while reading posts were folks seem to think the honor of all their family rides on convincing all of the rightness of their point of view.

Holy CR@P!!!! Instant post.

Good morning Mr. Ken

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Morning people...

It's great that you get to see Jeff!

Sorry about the cat. How old is she?

So piper is feeling better but Kimberley now has a cold and lost her voice(prayers can be answered!) however now I don't feel good.

Yvonne have you thought about making some sort of off road cart that you could coax the torts onto, lock them in, and then wheeling them to their house?

Strep is very contagious! I would go to a walk in and get a minute strep test done.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
bigred said:
MODERATORS I know you guys have been extra busy lately with a little more than normal drama. I think you guys do a great job and are often times put in a tough spot. As you know you can never make everyone happy. Just thought it was time to say thanks for all your FREE hard work

Yes! This! You guys rock! We appreciate everything you do for this forum.
THANK YOU!!!!! :)

Thalatte said:
Sorry about the cat. How old is she?

She's 15. I've had he since day 1. She was a bottle-fed rescue. I think she's still got a few more years in her.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So I'll be not on much today. Today is the tv airing of the PBR Iron Cowboy event from Las Vegas and as usual, we'll be hosting a party. House must be prepped and all that. Before hand, myself and the rest of the men folk are going up the road to throw lead down range, so a good time will be had by all. If you can watch the PBR, and never have, this is a good event to watch. Go JB!!!!!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
CtTortoiseMom said:
Strep is very contagious! I would go to a walk in and get a minute strep test done.

I don't have insurance so it would be expensive. Also my throat feels fine its everything else that hurts. Which is wierd as no one else has complained of feeling achey even though they are all sick. I think it may just be exhaustion and my arthritis acting up.

Cowboy_Ken said:
So I'll be not on much today. Today is the tv airing of the PBR Iron Cowboy event from Las Vegas and as usual, we'll be hosting a party. House must be prepped and all that. Before hand, myself and the rest of the men folk are going up the road to throw lead down range, so a good time will be had by all. If you can watch the PBR, and never have, this is a good event to watch. Go JB!!!!!

The bull riding? I always watch part of it! Those cowboys are hot!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
When my eldest gets strep, she gets a headache and stomach ache and a high fever. I think it would cost between $60-$90. You can call a minute clinic and see how much and if they have minute tests. I think your employer should pay for you to go. Strep can easily turn into Scarlett fever if not treated.
I wish you a speedy recovery whatever you have!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thalatte said:
The bull riding? I always watch part of it! Those cowboys are hot!!!

Maybe Karen has noticed this. Me? Not so much!! I enjoy watching Flint do his Madonna.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
Good morning all you chatter boxes! Nice to start off the day with all good news (well, except the cat to the vet thingey)! I got to sleep in too, Erin. Usually Misty wakes me up between 5 and 5:30a, but this a.m. it was getting light outside and when I looked at the clock...6am!!! Wow!

It's still winter, according to the calendar, but we're in the middle of a warming trend...and the trees are all blossoming. It sure feels like spring. However, the 7 day forecast shows a bit of rain maybe Thursday. So today my big plans are to bring up a couple wheelbarrows full of firewood so it will be dry in case I need to make a fire.

Did I miss it, Jacqui, or didn't you say how many years you and Jeff will be celebrating? Will you at least go to dinner when you are with him?

Because of the muscle spasm in my back, I haven't been letting the Manouria tortoises out in the a.m. They are the only ones that don't go back inside at night, and I'm not able to pick them up and put them away. They are really getting restless.

Well, please let me know if you are still experiencing the lag with the shorter version of the chat. I'm interested in knowing if the many, many pages was the reason for it.

I slept in until 9!!! I get up ar 5:50am on school days snd 5:30 on weekends for hockey. This is the ladt weekend of hockey(yay). So Rob gave me some much needed rest!! Does any one on TFO live in your area of CA that could help you put the Manouria away every night? I would jump at the chance but I would be a little late coming from CT!

Cowboy_Ken said:

What will you be shooting? Sounds like a great day!! You should take pics and post a PBR thread! That would be so cool.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow...man oh man...what is this? All you people chatting away and we are seeing you as you speak...well, almost. Good morning everyone. I hope never to read the things I've been reading lately. I second that Bigred. I truly appreciate all you miss, especially Yvonne and Jacqui:D:D

sibi said:
Wow...man oh man...what is this? All you people chatting away and we are seeing you as you speak...well, almost. Good morning everyone. I hope never to read the things I've been reading lately. I second that Bigred. I truly appreciate all you miss, especially Yvonne and Jacqui:D:D

This Thing is so fast now I forgot bow it works :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
What will you be shooting? Sounds like a great day!! You should take pics and post a PBR thread! That would be so cool.

Mainly AR's.

Oh man, I wanna go!! I have a custpm AR-15. How many round mags are you allowed to get in Oregon? We are only allowed to get 10 round mags on CT but I have a few higher because I have reciprocity with other States.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thalatte said:
Yvonne have you thought about making some sort of off road cart that you could coax the torts onto, lock them in, and then wheeling them to their house?

I have this:

03-02-12a.jpg

03-02-12b.jpg

But I'm unable to pick the tortoises up and place them into it. And as to a sled type affair...these tortoises don't "encourage." When you try to get them to move forward, they just close up and hunker down.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I have this:

But I'm unable to pick the tortoises up and place them into it. And as to a sled type affair...these tortoises don't "encourage." When you try to get them to move forward, they just close up and hunker down.

You can the courage with food?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nope. They're very obstinate.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Nope. They're very obstinate.

Well then you need to find a nice young man to come over and show off all his muscles!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I could really use one of those in the near future. Although my torts are only 1 1/2 years old and weigh only 5 1/2 lbs., it won't be long before I'll need one of those. Where did you get that Yvonne?
emysemys said:
Thalatte said:

I have this:

03-02-12a.jpg

03-02-12b.jpg

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
This one is lagging for me too.
Is it legal to hit people :p

CtTortoiseMom said:
Oh man, I wanna go!! I have a custpm AR-15. How many round mags are you allowed to get in Oregon? We are only allowed to get 10 round mags on CT but I have a few higher because I have reciprocity with other States.

Ten round mags? That less than a handgun. Mikey has two AR15s he built but I'm more of a mp15-22 our socom 2 girl..

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Depends, with your car, sometimes. Backhanded, not often, unless you can get them to first try to hit you and you dodge it then counter with a solid hit to the nose.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Depends, with your car, sometimes. Backhanded, not often, unless you can get them to first try to hit you and you dodge it then counter with a solid hit to the nose.

I was going to say only if they press charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.