Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Jacqui said:
Well looks like you all were busy, while I was gone. I peaked in for a few minutes to approve threads and never even had enough time to check this thread out. :(

I had an enjoyable (and free!!!) lunch at the truckstop with Jeff. I took him his pills and we got looing at the paperwork they gave us. You know I said our share of the pills each month was $1,295 (but we got sponsorship for that). Thing is until today we never saw how much our insurance company gets bill for their share each month. Turns out a thirty day supply is over $7,000! We were shocked to say the least.

I got a call on my way to Lincoln, telling me I need to stop by my neighbor's house ASAP. She "rescued" an adult female and a puppy. The lady breeds them where she got them from. Turns out with the puppy she never played with it, because she wasn't planning on keeping him (he was the wrong coUlor). She wouldn't let him play with "her pick" puppy who is actually bigger then him, because he was too rough for her (his litter mate). So I now have a chi puppy for which I was completely unprepared (didn't even have a clean kennel ready for it to sleep in). Thank goodness I talked the nieghbor into keeping the adult female instead of me. So blame this sweet puppy for keeping me from talking with all of you tonight. Pictures maybe tomorrow, if I get batteries charged up. :D
Wow, that is really expensive medication! He is totally worth it though!
You mentioned it was your Anniversary soon, how long have you been married?
I could never say no to a puppy, how sweet!! Do the other dogs like it?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's insane...$7,000 for meds per month! Who can afford that? And insurance doesn't cover it all? I'm so sorry for you and hubby. Whatever it is, it must be real good and effective. Glad you had free lunch; it must be good.

I'm going to have to hit the sack. I can't keep my eyes open. Good night all. Speak with u tomorrow.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
It is hard to stay mad at her. Plus as my husband loved pointing out I moved her crate. If I hadnt moved her crate she would not have been able to eat my jacket.
Hi all, how was your day?

My day was great other than being tired and irritable. The run had a great turn out. We had more food than I ever imagined! I got a cake and some small gifts for two kids since it was their birthday. They were so excited. I got to see a girl I hadn't seen since she was 11 and now she's 18. The park had a fire going and one of my vendor sponsors had a 40 ft enclosed trailer we set the buffet up in. The park and the vendor sponsors and several people who attended asked me to make it an annual event. I am looking for a catchy name that could use the following elements snow, fire, wheeling and it must have chili in the title. I was thinking about a chili cook off.

Hmmm... Chili Wheeling, Snoverdose on Chili... Oh man, I love thinking about stuff like this but I have to wrestle kids into bed..

IMG_3111.JPG

Here I am running up the hill to get a picture of the girl I knew when she was 11.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
It is hard to stay mad at her. Plus as my husband loved pointing out I moved her crate. If I hadnt moved her crate she would not have been able to eat my jacket.
Hi all, how was your day?

My day was great other than being tired and irritable. The run had a great turn out. We had more food than I ever imagined! I got a cake and some small gifts for two kids since it was their birthday. They were so excited. I got to see a girl I hadn't seen since she was 11 and now she's 18. The park had a fire going and one of my vendor sponsors had a 40 ft enclosed trailer we set the buffet up in. The park and the vendor sponsors and several people who attended asked me to make it an annual event. I am looking for a catchy name that could use the following elements snow, fire, wheeling and it must have chili in the title. I was thinking about a chili cook off.

Hmmm... Chili Wheeling, Snoverdose on Chili... Oh man, I love thinking about stuff like this but I have to wrestle kids into bed..

I love the snoverdose :) that's cute.

sibi said:
It must be a lot of fun, and if you're going to have this as an annual event, I may just have to make a trip once year...how about that?

I'm just loving this fast post thingey.

Apologize to Dagny, I didn't mean to call her a he.

That sounds fabulous. I can't wait. :D I think you'd get along with my crazy jeeping friends.

CtTortoiseMom said:
sibi said:
I stood up the whole night again. I read that nasty thread on "delegated thread" and parts were disturbing. Some people ha ve really lost respect for our mods here, and it shouldn't be tolerated. I was trying to piece parts of what I remembered from the first posts, and then tried to see if these people were truly interested in sharing info, or were they just having an ax to grind. I think the latter. Anyway, when I finally logged off, I went to ancestry.com to finish my tree. Needless to say, that it's so addictive, I didn't realize the sun was raising. Another sleepless night.

Oh no, I have trouble with insomnia. I have to read light chick lit at night that doesn't really interest me but turns off my brain. Also, if I do end up staying up all night I make sure to stay up all day too, not that sleeping during the day is an option anyway. But it stops me from getting my days and nights mixed up.

I have the cure. Two benadryl and two 5 mg melatonin.. oh and horribly boring tv. :p
I haven't seen any of these threads. It's common that people dehumanize others behind a computer screen. I think from my jeep hobby I learned early on that even though you are typing on a screen there is a real person on the other end.

Jacqui said:
Well looks like you all were busy, while I was gone. I peaked in for a few minutes to approve threads and never even had enough time to check this thread out. :(

I had an enjoyable (and free!!!) lunch at the truckstop with Jeff. I took him his pills and we got looing at the paperwork they gave us. You know I said our share of the pills each month was $1,295 (but we got sponsorship for that). Thing is until today we never saw how much our insurance company gets bill for their share each month. Turns out a thirty day supply is over $7,000! We were shocked to say the least.

I got a call on my way to Lincoln, telling me I need to stop by my neighbor's house ASAP. She "rescued" an adult female and a puppy. The lady breeds them where she got them from. Turns out with the puppy she never played with it, because she wasn't planning on keeping him (he was the wrong color). She wouldn't let him play with "her pick" puppy who is actually bigger then him, because he was too rough for her (his litter mate). So I now have a chi puppy for which I was completely unprepared (didn't even have a clean kennel ready for it to sleep in). Thank goodness I talked the nieghbor into keeping the adult female instead of me. So blame this sweet puppy for keeping me from talking with all of you tonight. Pictures maybe tomorrow, if I get batteries charged up. :D

So now you and Yvonne have super secret mystery puppies? :shy:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WOW! 5 pages in just 24 hours! I gotta say, sometimes you guys are hard to keep up with! :p

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Wow $7k/month for medication! Thats insane! Its good that insurance is covering a chunk of it. I can't imagine what a person without insurance would do in that situation.

Can't wait to see pictures of the new puppy -

Happy Sunday everyone -

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Our insurance has a $7000 deductible. My doctor has grinned widely telling me he could order lots of tests to get to there if I wanted. I always laugh at him.
I think it a sham what pharmaceutical companies will charge for medications. I'm glad you folks have found a sponsor. I realize they need to make a profit, and that there are huge costs involved bringing new meds to market, but, there could maybe be a little more help out there for us “little" people!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
How did I miss the new chat thread!?

Anyways, Friday was very eventful for me. Apollo had his yearly vet check up, and on our way to the vet's office I was involved in a car accident. Seeing as this was literally the first car accident I've ever been involved in, still wasn't my fault though. But the other lady was frantic because she had to get her friend to her first cancer treatment. I had to get Apollo to the vet so we just exchanged insurance, took pictures, and left. Apparently I was supposed to call the police.... but we were both in a hurry and the lady seemed nice. It ended up turning out fine...

BUT Apollo has folliculitis and now he needs to be bathed with expensive medicated shampoos at least once a week, more often if it doesn't clear up.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
CourtneyAndCarl said:
How did I miss the new chat thread!?

Anyways, Friday was very eventful for me. Apollo had his yearly vet check up, and on our way to the vet's office I was involved in a car accident. Seeing as this was literally the first car accident I've ever been involved in, still wasn't my fault though. But the other lady was frantic because she had to get her friend to her first cancer treatment. I had to get Apollo to the vet so we just exchanged insurance, took pictures, and left. Apparently I was supposed to call the police.... but we were both in a hurry and the lady seemed nice. It ended up turning out fine...

BUT Apollo has folliculitis and now he needs to be bathed with expensive medicated shampoos at least once a week, more often if it doesn't clear up.

How much damage was there?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
folliculitis doesn't sound good :(

Today has been nice and relaxing for a change. Cici woke us up last night by throwing up on the bed. Once on my blanket and once on Mikes (yes we sleep with separate blankets :p). So mike took the blankets off and into the washroom and I went to grab two additional blankets. But this morning I slept in until after 9 am. It was so nice. We got like 10 hours of sleep. then I cleaned our bedroom and started laundry. I have cleaned the kitchen, moved my hydroponics garden, planted my organic seedlings, and done my grocery shopping. Now I am sitting here like a bump on a log. We had dinner with friends in 3 hours so I have more time to just chillax. :D

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Need to vent and no one is home... I HATE APARTMENT LIVING. upstairs neighbors kept me up all night. They decided to have a party and their patio is directly above my backyard, which is right outside of my room. They were up til 4am, sliding their door open every 30seconds (literally) which shakes my whole room. Went out and asked them nicely once to keep it down, that lasted 5 minutes. Then I went and screamed at them and called them some bad names which are sadly true (tweekers) and they shut up finally....for 5 minutes again. Then they proceeded to rearrange the furniture on their patio over and over, run up and down the halls of their apt, dropped a few objects onto my patio and in my yard. Finally I managed to fall asleep but woke up to my tortoises temporary outdoor pen being littered with trash and cigarette butts. My manager is going to get an earful. /rant

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Man, sorry about all that. I've always had a dog to help insure an apartment would never be a fate for me.

On a side note, I have had a neighbors, partially blind dad, trying to shoot an elk in my pasture where my horses were grazing. That was a fun morning!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Kerryann said:
That stinks.. Both stories. What is a tweaker?

They are meth addicts. Sadly I don't even think my manager will do anything. He's too buddy buddy with a lot of tenants. When the neighbors upstairs were moving in he informed us " a nice lady and her 2 cats are moving in soon"....what he should have said was a lady, her on again off again boyfriend, and her drug addict son and his girl friend were moving in. For the most part they are quiet but parents were out of town and the younger couple had a party.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
Tweekers are so sad. I liked it sooo much better when people were just stoners.

They have really taken over Orange County. What's even worse is the heroin problem Orange County has. All the affluent cities in Orange County have had a boom in heroine use. Its really sad and disgusting. A few people I went to high school with have died from it in the past few years

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
theelectraco said:
They have really taken over Orange County. What's even worse is the heroin problem Orange County has. All the affluent cities in Orange County have had a boom in heroine use. Its really sad and disgusting. A few people I went to high school with have died from it in the past few years
It is very sad. I am sure it happens here too because I hear about Meth houses in Detroit or Pontiac but I am isolated from it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
I remember when these drugs and cocaine weren't a problem until middle class white kids got involved. Now, as then, it is a social problem. The bus system in Portland had issues with the general public because they used an anti-drug campaign that showed before and after pictures of what happens just to a persons face, teeth and eyes. The masses didn't want to have to see it. Too sad, really.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Yeah, I live in Huntington Beach and there are a lot of rich white high school and college kids getting heavily into hard drugs. Enough of all this drug talk, today is pretty nice out, too bad I am gunna spend it making up
On sleep before my overnight shift. Can't complain about having a Monday off tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.