Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Sorry about all that you are dealing with. I lost high school acquaintances to drugs as well. Watching the show "Breaking Bad" has been a real eye opener for me, otherwise I am very isolated from it all.

It is back to solid grey days with with non stop snow flurries. I hate this weather and it makes me miserable!!

Thalatte said:
Hello everyone.
Hi, how are you? Are you feeling better?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yep feeling much better. I didn't end up getting what piper and Kimberly had it was just my standard medical ailments acting up.

It is grey and raining here! I wish it was snowing...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
Yep feeling much better. I didn't end up getting what piper and Kimberly had it was just my standard medical ailments acting up.

It is grey and raining here! I wish it was snowing...

That's awesome that you didn't get it! You must have a pretty strong immune system!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, I so glad too. I mean, you could've had strep and that would have been much worse. I can't wait for spring weather. This way I can go back to taking my babies to the park to eat their favorite weeds, clovers.

Hey,I just thought of this yesterday. Why don't we each write about the dumbest thing we ever did. I can start it off.

The dumbest thing I ever did was make the mistake to put the nail glue on my night table next to my eye drops. Every morning I need to put drops in my eyes. So, I was getting ready for work, and as usual, I picked up my eye drops and put 2-3 drops in my right eye when I noticed it began to sting...a whole lot. I immediately realized I picked up the wrong bottle and put the nail glue in my eye. I screamed and ran to the bathroom to rinse the eye out with water. All along, I'm hysterical streaming for someone to get me to the ER. Well, as it turned out, they had to pry my eye open, tearing all the eye lid hairs off. I has three ulcerations on the cornea, and it took three months for full eyesight to be restored back to normal. I was asked at the ER room, how did I put glue in my eye? Then, the nurse said, "I've treated people who glued their fingers, hands, and even hair, but never treated someone who purposefully glued their eye shut." Of course, it became became a big joke afterwards. But, it would have been a different story had I gone blind. I was pretty lucky!
Well, that's my dumbest thing, what's yours?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wow. It's 58 and sunny here. The big boys are out in the sun grazing. Still too cold for the baby though.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You let your sullies out in those temps? How long will they out in those temps? Did you see my post just recently?

Cowboy_Ken said:
Wow. It's 58 and sunny here. The big boys are out in the sun grazing. Still too cold for the baby though.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
Well, I so glad too. I mean, you could've had strep and that would have been much worse. I can't wait for spring weather. This way I can go back to taking my babies to the park to eat their favorite weeds, clovers.

Hey,I just thought of this yesterday. Why don't we each write about the dumbest thing we ever did. I can start it off.

The dumbest thing I ever did was make the mistake to put the nail glue on my night table next to my eye drops. Every morning I need to put drops in my eyes. So, I was getting ready for work, and as usual, I picked up my eye drops and put 2-3 drops in my right eye when I noticed it began to sting...a whole lot. I immediately realized I picked up the wrong bottle and put the nail glue in my eye. I screamed and ran to the bathroom to rinse the eye out with water. All along, I'm hysterical streaming for someone to get me to the ER. Well, as it turned out, they had to pry my eye open, tearing all the eye lid hairs off. I has three ulcerations on the cornea, and it took three months for full eyesight to be restored back to normal. I was asked at the ER room, how did I put glue in my eye? Then, the nurse said, "I've treated people who glued their fingers, hands, and even hair, but never treated someone who purposefully glued their eye shut." Of course, it became became a big joke afterwards. But, it would have been a different story had I gone blind. I was pretty lucky!
Sibi, that sounds absolutely terrible!! I cannot top that but I have done some really dumb things.
When we first moved to Northern CT I drove a tiny VW Golf. I kept getting stuck in the snow and it was really frustrating. So Rob came home and surprised me with the first new car of my life a Toyota highlander and this was months after he bought a new truck for himself. So I was all excited and I jumped in my car with Rob in the passenger seat and backed up and heard a terrible crunch and smash noise. I stopped and realized I had backed my new car into Robs new car and they were both damaged. To make matters worse I had to call the claim into my father in law because he owned an insurance company so of course we had our car insurance with him.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
You let your sullies out in those temps? How long will they out in those temps? Did you see my post just recently?

The 55 degrees is measured at my house, 5' off the ground, in the shade. Were the wind blowing or there was any drizzle, they'd be indoors.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, that's pretty bad, and embarrassing to have to call your father-in-law! I can see that you shouldn't get too excited, you'll never know who or what you'll hit :p
CtTortoiseMom said:
sibi said:

Sibi, that sounds absolutely terrible!! I cannot top that but I have done some really dumb things.
When we first moved to Northern CT I drove a tiny VW Golf. I kept getting stuck in the snow and it was really frustrating. So Rob came home and surprised me with the first new car of my life a Toyota highlander and this was months after he bought a new truck for himself. So I was all excited and I jumped in my car with Rob in the passenger seat and backed up and heard a terrible crunch and smash noise. I stopped and realized I had backed my new car into Robs new car and they were both damaged. To make matters worse I had to call the claim into my father in law because he owned an insurance company so of course we had our car insurance with him.

Even still Cowboy, that's too cold for sullies to be outside unless they are out and in within minutes. Btw, before the closed the first thread, did you read my message on the pancakes response?

Cowboy_Ken said:
sibi said:

The 55 degrees is measured at my house, 5' off the ground, in the shade. Were the wind blowing or there was any drizzle, they'd be indoors.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
sibi said:

Oh no! Glad you didn't go blind. My sister-in-law once went to rub her eye while applying acrylic nails. You can what happened. She ended up glueing her hand to her eye. Poor thing. She was fine, but we still tease her about it 20 years later..

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Oh my sibi I don't think I can come close to that...
Umm dumbest thing I have ever done?...

Growing up I didn't have a supportive family so when I was 14 I decided to get a job and move out. I even went and got emancipated and got my GED at the age of 15. I was doing great! Working part tome and still Making $2400 a month and was going to two different specialized colleges and making good grades. Then I get a call from my sister saying my mother wasn't doing well and she was going to move back home...dumb *** me says "no don't quit your school I will do it!"

Now I work 2 full time jobs and tutor and I still don't make near enough. And all that money I spent on the colleges is useless as the credits aren't transferable! Oh and my mother and her husband now live with me.

Sounds mean that the dumbest thing I did was help my mother...

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Thalatte said:
Oh my sibi I don't think I can come close to that...
Umm dumbest thing I have ever done?...

Growing up I didn't have a supportive family so when I was 14 I decided to get a job and move out. I even went and got emancipated and got my GED at the age of 15. I was doing great! Working part tome and still Making $2400 a month and was going to two different specialized colleges and making good grades. Then I get a call from my sister saying my mother wasn't doing well and she was going to move back home...dumb *** me says "no don't quit your school I will do it!"

Now I work 2 full time jobs and tutor and I still don't make near enough. And all that money I spent on the colleges is useless as the credits aren't transferable! Oh and my mother and her husband now live with me.

Sounds mean that the dumbest thing I did was help my mother...

I know that feeling. Family is just so hard to say no to! I have been in a similar situation where I was 21 years old paying for every one of my moms bills and rent so she wouldn't be homeless from all the stupid decisions she made. She finally got her act together and that lasted two years but it looks like I'm gunna have to start supporting her again. It's too hard to say no to your mother.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
mctlong said:
sibi said:

Oh no! Glad you didn't go blind. My sister-in-law once went to rub her eye while applying acrylic nails. You can what happened. She ended up glueing her hand to her eye. Poor thing. She was fine, but we still tease her about it 20 years later..

And she only had a dab of glue stuck to her eye. I had 3 full drops!!! In addition, while I had a patch the first day, the glue had hardened and the doctor tried to pluck the crust it formed from out of my eye. Well, he didn't Remove all of it, and everytime I blinked, I was scratching the cornea over and over until I ended up with ulcerations and scratches! Ouch!!!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
My car wasn't too damaged from the accident, but yes, folliculitis sucks. It's basically a puppy staph infection.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, Thallate and Theelectraco, I can't imagine having to sacrifice my life life that. I mean, it's not that I wouldn't do that for my mom, it's just that my mom wouldn't have let me do that. I wouldn't ha e even known what financial troubles my mom would've had because she would never tell me about it. Funny, I would do that with my kids too. But, don't look at it as something you did as dumb. You both are kindhearted and loving. If someone takes advantage of that, the defect is not in you, it's with them. But, you can set conditions so that you aren't abused either.

The weird thing is, no, I did not suffer permanent damage. I was blind in that eye for about 3 months, but it took 6 months before my 20/20 sight was restored. I was told that had I had eye makeup on when I put the glue in, I would have gotten an infection and would've lost sight in the eye permanently.

mctlong said:
OMG, that sounds painful, Sibi! Do you have any permanent effects from the glue?

OMG, that must have been awful. Does anyone tease you about it?
jaizei said:
Similar case of mistaken identity, I brushed my teeth with muscle rub. :(

Cowboy_Ken said:
No. I missed it.

I said something like, I was just looking at what others had...i didn't say I wanted one from them because I'm waiting on what you're gonna get :p

What?
CourtneyAndCarl said:
My car wasn't too damaged from the accident, but yes, folliculitis sucks. It's basically a puppy staph infection.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am sorry you two are having to take care of your parents. I moved out when I was 15 and moved away when I was 18. I too was emancipated but not until a year after i moved out. My brother stayed with my dad has been financially and emotionally drained. I haven't seen either of them since and feel bad for my brother but I have my family to protect. It's like helping someone who is larger than you that is falling off a cliff they will always pull you over with them. I would rather live on the street than ask one of my children for anything. My Dad occasionally calls me for money and ends up yelling things like "family loyalty" and "blood is thicker than water" and I always try and ask him if those things are true then why is he asking his children for help.

My 2 cent's....
The best thing you both could do is move away. Your parents will be fine and if they aren't, it is their problem! You are young, this is your one chance and you deserve to live for yourself.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
If I moved away my sister would be pulled into it and she is t strong enough emotionally to deal with this. Plus she is brilliant and going to a good university and will become an engineer! I need her to make the big bucks so she can pay for all of our parents to be in old folk homes because I certainly won't be paying for it!

Now what in tarnations is happening with this forum? Can someone please point me towards the high drama threads? I am curious as to what has everyone in a snit.

Status
Not open for further replies.