Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Good morning to the two of you and everyone else. Hope you all having a great day planned today. It's still cold and a little snow today. Warm up coming the end of next week, ya:D . Going to put Tatum's enclosure back together, as he has been uprooting everything. He's gone nuts all of a sudden. Not sure what else I will do, but will be going out to dinner tonight. Enjoy:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Len! Well now that we know you read these posts, we will have to keep from talking about you, huh? :D Just kidding.

wellington said:
Good morning to the two of you and everyone else. Hope you all having a great day planned today. It's still cold and a little snow today. Warm up coming the end of next week, ya:D . Going to put Tatum's enclosure back together, as he has been uprooting everything. He's gone nuts all of a sudden. Not sure what else I will do, but will be going out to dinner tonight. Enjoy:)

Cold start to the morning, but nice winter temps coming up this week with even a few possible days to take folks (of the tortoise type) outside for short times to stretch their legs and even eat a weed or two.

Later today I am going to be running into Lincoln to take Jeff a refill on his meds and of course greens shopping. I am so looking forward to an hour or two with Jeff.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Good Morning from my bed because Rob let me sleep in this morning, yay!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:

How sweet of him!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
CtTortoiseMom said:

Lucky you! I wish I could sleep in today, but I gotta take my cat Rosie to the vet.

Good morning everyone! :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
mctlong said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

Lucky you! I wish I could sleep in today, but I gotta take my cat Rosie to the vet.

Good morning everyone! :)

Normal visit or is something wrong with her?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Morning every one! Glad to see we got a new chat Thread to help out with the Lag issues.... So, did it help with lag issues? (I never really notice them because I'm all over TFO for short periods of time, then back again)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mctlong said:

Everything okay?

Zamric said:
Morning every one! Glad to see we got a new chat Thread to help out with the Lag issues.... So, did it help with lag issues? (I never really notice them because I'm all over TFO for short periods of time, then back again)

:D Me too!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
[/quote]

Cold start to the morning, but nice winter temps coming up this week with even a few possible days to take folks (of the tortoise type) outside for short times to stretch their legs and even eat a weed or two.

Later today I am going to be running into Lincoln to take Jeff a refill on his meds and of course greens shopping. I am so looking forward to an hour or two with Jeff.
[/quote]
Yay, you get to see Jeff today!! That is exciting!! How is he doing?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Yay, you get to see Jeff today!! That is exciting!! How is he doing?

He's doing okay. Yesterday the sunlight was bothering him (which could be a side effect). He's more tired then he use to be (another possible side effect) His belief is, that he would rather have to live and deal with the sides, then to not be getting the drug and having to deal with the cancer itself sooner.

He will be home the 13th for Dr appts and blood draws first in the am at his regular Dr and then in the afternoon at the Oncologist's. Then we will have a better idea how the meds are working in him. That's how we are celebrating our anniversary (a couple of days early too). :D Jeff is all about romance, can't ya tell. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am waiting for the person who runs the off road park to show up so we can get everything set up.
I didn't sleep at all. I was up working on a fiasco all morning.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Zamric said:

It did! This new chat is nice. I post and poof! my post appears on the thread immediately. :D

Jacqui said:
mctlong said:
Everything okay?

She's loosing a little weight, so we're going to get her thyroid checked and may adjust her meds. She's an old cat.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning all you chatter boxes! Nice to start off the day with all good news (well, except the cat to the vet thingey)! I got to sleep in too, Erin. Usually Misty wakes me up between 5 and 5:30a, but this a.m. it was getting light outside and when I looked at the clock...6am!!! Wow!

It's still winter, according to the calendar, but we're in the middle of a warming trend...and the trees are all blossoming. It sure feels like spring. However, the 7 day forecast shows a bit of rain maybe Thursday. So today my big plans are to bring up a couple wheelbarrows full of firewood so it will be dry in case I need to make a fire.

Did I miss it, Jacqui, or didn't you say how many years you and Jeff will be celebrating? Will you at least go to dinner when you are with him?

Because of the muscle spasm in my back, I haven't been letting the Manouria tortoises out in the a.m. They are the only ones that don't go back inside at night, and I'm not able to pick them up and put them away. They are really getting restless.

Well, please let me know if you are still experiencing the lag with the shorter version of the chat. I'm interested in knowing if the many, many pages was the reason for it.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I woke up at 6 am:( and couldnt go back to sleep. I wish I was one of those people that could sleep in. We are off to the swap meet today to look around and go to this special spot to buy some succulents. Jacqui I hope jeff is ok and everything works out, I dont know the details. My wife woke up with a migrane this am, last weekend she ended up in the emergency room because of one. Im looking to a sun filled day with the torts, should reach about 85 today:D

MODERATORS I know you guys have been extra busy lately with a little more than normal drama. I think you guys do a great job and are often times put in a tough spot. As you know you can never make everyone happy. Just thought it was time to say thanks for all your FREE hard work

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Morning people...

It's great that you get to see Jeff!

Sorry about the cat. How old is she?

So piper is feeling better but Kimberley now has a cold and lost her voice(prayers can be answered!) however now I don't feel good.

Yvonne have you thought about making some sort of off road cart that you could coax the torts onto, lock them in, and then wheeling them to their house?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
A new chat? Well this is a novel corse of action. Where is all the drama I'm reading about? I have wonder conversations with myself while reading posts were folks seem to think the honor of all their family rides on convincing all of the rightness of their point of view.

Holy CR@P!!!! Instant post.

Status
Not open for further replies.