Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:
Well, if you lived in California, you surely could have him! My adoption book is pretty sparse under the desert tortoise section.

No offense to anybody who lives in CA, but that is about the only reason I would ever live in CA.

WHAT???????? Thems' fighting words missy.............

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hockey of course go Red Wings :D
[/quote]

Do your kids play hockey Corey? If our kids might end up playing each other at some point!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
CtTortoiseMom said:
Hockey of course go Red Wings :D

Do your kids play hockey Corey? If our kids might end up playing each other at some point!
[/quote]

No she plays soccer I played when I was younger . So many years ago:p

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
Jacqui said:
dbsneed69 said:
Memphis doesn't have much going for it. A nice zoo, BBQ and great hospitals.

Oh yeah, your hospitals seem great from the outside. I have not made it to the zoo. We could never find out if we could get into them with our truck. :cool: Okay question, as your coming into Memphis and TN from Arkansas, what do they use the building for that looks like an Egyptian pyramid?

The pyramid was used as a sports arena. The accoustics were terrible so concerts were never fun. Currently, it's just sitting there. BassPro is working on purchasing itin order to make a "flagship" store. There are soooooo many huge buildings like that all over the city that are not in use. Sad part, the pyramid isn't even paid for.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sports arenas are always a bad idea.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Torty Mom said:
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:
Well, if you lived in California, you surely could have him! My adoption book is pretty sparse under the desert tortoise section.

No offense to anybody who lives in CA, but that is about the only reason I would ever live in CA.

WHAT???????? Thems' fighting words missy.............

:D maybe, but very honest words. :D

dbsneed69 said:
Jacqui said:
dbsneed69 said:
Memphis doesn't have much going for it. A nice zoo, BBQ and great hospitals.

Oh yeah, your hospitals seem great from the outside. I have not made it to the zoo. We could never find out if we could get into them with our truck. :cool: Okay question, as your coming into Memphis and TN from Arkansas, what do they use the building for that looks like an Egyptian pyramid?

The pyramid was used as a sports arena. The accoustics were terrible so concerts were never fun. Currently, it's just sitting there. BassPro is working on purchasing itin order to make a "flagship" store. There are soooooo many huge buildings like that all over the city that are not in use. Sad part, the pyramid isn't even paid for.

Well it's very unique and memorable.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Unicorns, elves, faeries, trolls ( non internet type)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yvonne, you never said why the lady gave up this tortoise?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Hey Jacqui I was thinking about falling hard for the tortoise. I would have never thought they would make the prefect pet. Live and learn.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
Hey Jacqui I was thinking about falling hard for the tortoise. I would have never thought they would make the prefect pet. Live and learn.

Most folks don't because they are not soft and furry, so you can cuddle them. It is amazing how quickly they get under your skin and into your heart.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I've been obsessed since I knew what a tortoise was. Someone gave me a copy of "Turtles and Tortoises of North America" for my seventh birthday. I saw the Florida Gopher and about died from longing.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
For me it was the Galapagos tortoises in the tiny pen in the dark damp back reptile room of a local zoo as a child. They just fascinated me to no end. I felt like I was in the company of living dinosaurs.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Jacqui said:
FranklinTturtle said:

Most folks don't because they are not soft and furry, so you can cuddle them. It is amazing how quickly they get under your skin and into your heart.
My husband is the same way, at first he was like, really? Now he is very involved and talks about them all the time, takes pictures, makes them special salads, it's very cute!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I really love seeing it become a family experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.