5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex
Hi dose any one sell Prickly pear cactus leafs no spikes and send to the uk

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
I dont know about the uk but here in the US i found them in a latin american grocery.
Oh really are they a lot of money thanks ?? And is there anyway u can send some to me and find away to pay u

AgataP

Seattle, WA
I don’t think they will allow to send you plants outside the US. I know they are strict on even tomato seeds.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Oh ok thanks anyway shame I look on the net xx

Yes. But they are trying to protect the environment from possible contamination. Besides with COVID by the time they make it to UK there will be nothing left.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
As has already been suggested, try to locate an ethnic grocery store near you. Many cultures eat cactus pads and fruit.
My gigantic cactus (tree?) Started as a single pad the I placed in a pot full of soil 4 years ago.
I think I paid like $4 for 6 pads at a market specializing in central and south American foods.
An established cactus can grow pads faster than you can harvest them.
It's definitely the way to go.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
As has already been suggested, try to locate an ethnic grocery store near you. Many cultures eat cactus pads and fruit.
My gigantic cactus (tree?) Started as a single pad the I placed in a pot full of soil 4 years ago.
I think I paid like $4 for 6 pads at a market specializing in central and south American foods.
I just take my dog for a walk in the neighborhood and there's some growing on the street in common areas I just grab them with the Tong's in a paper and plastic bag

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Oh and I forgot to mention the little red fruits to she loves those I heard the seeds are good for their stomach to help digest their food but it says in the tortoise app not to feed very often so I give her a little bit maybe twice a month she's crazy for it

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
Oh, you can find plenty of cactus on ebay.uk. To grow or just cut paddles. Search for opuntia and you’ll find some that are spinless.
I just take my dog for a walk in the neighborhood and there's some growing on the street in common areas I just grab them with the Tong's in a paper and plastic bag
[/QUOTE
Yes. But they are trying to protect the environment from possible contamination. Besides with COVID by the time they make it to UK there will be nothing left.

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
Yes that’s so true I buy some on eBay thanks x

solidsounds17

Inglewood, Ca
Here in southern CA, especially in the lower income communities, you’ll find a ton of houses that grow cactus, hibiscus and some mulberry trees here and there. Usually when I go on my neighborhood runs I just pluck some out and feed.

Livrox

ST. AUSTELL
Hi, I bought a prickly pear plant from my local garden centre in Cornwall. You can then break bits off to feed to your tortoise or grow more cacti, they do well on a sunny windowsill and need very little looking after.