Prolapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
Okay I feel really stupid about this, but at the time I had NO IDEA.

Today Ralph was toodling around outside. He's been spending more time on the cement than on the grass. He goes on the grass, but always comes back to his favorite spot on the patio to sun himself. I noticed that he pee'd A LOT. More than normal. I wasn't worried, just noticing. He was still sunning himself and not moving around. Then he came over to munch some spring mix. As he got up and started walking, I noticed something underneath him. I picked him up to check and FREAKED out. I thought something happened. So I rush him to the ER vet because at 3pm my exotic vet had already closed. I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for the doc to tell me something. He actually paged the exotic vet to double check.

Nobody ever told me that males will prolapse their penis after they pee or poop.

He said it happens OFTEN but not really noticed until this age and size. By the time I got to the ER, it had already retracted. So the doc didn't know what I was talking about when trying to describe it.

I felt, and still feel, STUPID for 1) rushing to the ER 2) not knowing about it.

So that's my New Year's Eve story!

hehehehe

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG!!! I am SO laughing!!! When that happens it's not called a prolapse. A prolapse is just when it comes out and stays out...Wait until he flops it out and rubs it all over the grass and grunts...That's a hoot!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Oh, please do not feel stupid! I am very proud of you for rushing him to the vet! That is really awesome. I wish more people cared that much.

I remember the first time my Northern Map, "Lucy" (lol, my daughter, 2 at the time, named him) showed off to me... I was pretty sure he was going to die, that his stomach and everything was sticking out!

Kristina

ruanda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Portugal
kyryah said:
Oh, please do not feel stupid! I am very proud of you for rushing him to the vet! That is really awesome. I wish more people cared that much.

I remember the first time my Northern Map, "Lucy" (lol, my daughter, 2 at the time, named him) showed off to me... I was pretty sure he was going to die, that his stomach and everything was sticking out!

Kristina
You're right, Kyryah!...First time allways scares...
But we're all happy it's nothing because he retracted "it".
Good luck for you DAC8671! ;)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I know youv'e been reading the posts here and Im sure youv'e read about this with the 'boys'..
but when you SEE it with your own eyes.. its hard to beleive huh!?!?!
Glad he's alright! how are you?!?! HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.