Prolapsed or just enjoying showing manhood

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Arkansas
Quick run down on habitat coco coir bedding room temp 80 basking 100 degrees. Varied diet of greens weeds and mazuri. We soak every 3 days he has access to water at all times. He very active we go outside when it's warm enough but the past couple weeks it's been really cold so we've stayed inside. Ok so we know he is a male 2yrs 3 months old since he showed himself and has been letting it hang out a lot he retracts it in himself. But this morning he walking to his food and was passing gas then his man bits started coming out (I'll admit I'm a worry wart) he ate some food it was still dangling so I took him to the shower where he retracted it back inside. He hasn't had a pooped in a few days but he has been urinating. and I'm worried that's why he keeps letting it out. We have had him in a warm bath since taking out of the shower. Vets office can't see him til Tuesday.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
"Prolapse" means it has come out and won't/can't go back inside. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Giant winkies ( scientific term) is a part of having a male tortoise. Like said if it stays out it is prolapsed, if it comes in and out, then it is just flashing.